Windows 10: Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

Discus and support Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to remove OneDrive completely from Windows 10 image. 1 - Mount the image: Dism /Mount-wim /WimFile:<install.wim location> /index:1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pintonunes, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

How to remove OneDrive completely from Windows 10 image.

1 - Mount the image:
    Dism /Mount-wim /WimFile:<install.wim location> /index:1 /MountDir:<mountdir>

2 - Erase OneDriveSetup.exe
    del <mountdir>\windows\system32\onedrivesetup.exe or del <mountdir>\windows\syswow64\onedrivesetup.exe

3 - Delete the run key from the default user
    reg load HKLM\test <mountdir>\Users\default\ntuser.dat
    Then go to regedit and delete: HKLM\test\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OneDriveSetup

4 - Unload registry
    reg unload HKLM\test

5 - Unmount the image
    dism /UnMount-wim /MountDir:<mountdir> /commit

Done..

:)

pintonunes, Sep 2, 2015

2. How to remove all inbuilt apps from the windows 10 image level

Hi Team,

How to remove all inbuilt apps from the windows 10 image level?

I have tried MDT and DISM tool, which removes only the provisioned apps. I am unable to remove the inbuilt apps like onedrive ect.

Can some one help me to remove onedrive, candycrush and edge from image level.

Regards,

Muralidharan.

MuralidharanV, Sep 2, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Sep 2, 2015
  4. JEmlay Win User

Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

Doesn't work. My Install.wim has FW3.5 installed and most MS apps removed except Photo and Calc. Every time I attempt this OneDrive removal on the image (tried 3 times) I get the same exact result during installation.

"Unable to install required files"

According to the install log:

Error applying F:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-mapcontrol_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_25aa37f6d9a10a6e\mos.dll. GLE [1392][gle=0x00000570]

I started fresh with my existing image each time and each time this happened. Existing image installs fine.

JEmlay, Mar 21, 2016
  5. JEmlay Win User
    I took this a step further and grabbed the install.wim out of the MS ISO. Added FW3.5, removed apps and removed OneDrive. Same exact issue, same exact error. I didn't try it with just OneDrive removal because honestly, that's not an option for me.

btw, Windows 10 ENT x64.

Looks like it'll have to be the Group Policy no OneDrive option for me.

JEmlay, Mar 23, 2016
  6. JEmlay Win User
    Finally got to the bottom of this thanks to my brain not letting it go over the weekend. If you want to have a fresh install with no OneDrive then you can tackle it this way:

You don't have to delete the EXE at all. Just edit the registry (via this tut) to not install it. Boom, done. No worry about missing file errors during install. Feel free to delete the setup up file if you want after install.

JEmlay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

1. Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image - Similar Threads - Remove OneDrive image

2. Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Want to get rid of the Move to OneDrive option from right-click context menu in Windows 10? This tutorial will help you remove the Move to OneDrive option from the context menu on your Windows 10 PC. The Move to OneDrive feature enables you to save your files to...
  3. remove desktop from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove desktop from OneDrive: hey. i don't know how to remove Desktop from my OneDrive in PC. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-desktop-from-onedrive/9799dcdb-6416-4cd1-9f11-c5bf2342cbf4
  4. Remove files from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove files from OneDrive?: Latest update to W10. I mistakenly put some files into OneDrive that I don't want in a cloud. When I tried to remove them, I got a notice that I'd also be removing them from my hard drive. Could have been that the files weren't fully loaded to the cloud at that time. Anyway,...
  5. Remove folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove folders from OneDrive: Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I...
  6. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  7. How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903: Hi all, I've just installed the latest 1903 Windows 10 update and am curious about how to disable and remove OneDrive, which somehow penetrated my Explorer (when I click on, it it says it is inaccessible, but it still makes me nervous). I have the following PowerSheel...
  8. Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop: Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the...
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel in Windows 10: I do not wish to have OneDrive appear in the File Explorer side panel. Is there an easy way to do this? There is a way to do this in Windows 8.1 but I don't think it works for Windows 10 because the registry key referenced in that method: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove onedrive all users win 10 ent

2. remove onedrive from wim

3. dism onedrive

4. dism remove onedrive,
  5. how to remove one drive from wim,
  6. remove onedrive wim file,
  7. remove onedrive install.wim dism,
  8. use dism to add onedrive,
  9. remove onedrive completely 1903,
  10. how to remove onedrive from image,
  11. remove one drive from wim,