Windows 10: remove side bars in start

Discus and support remove side bars in start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Start, 2/3 of the screen is taken up by icons under the headings of Create, Explore. How do I get rid of those irrelevant, space and time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CVHorie, Sep 24, 2018.

1. CVHorie Win User

remove side bars in start

When I press Start, 2/3 of the screen is taken up by icons under the headings of Create, Explore. How do I get rid of those irrelevant, space and time wasting, obscuring windows?

Also annoying is the scroll bar which disappears and has to be found then clicked to reappear. Hiding or disguising tools as window frames seems counter productive.

Thank you

:)

CVHorie, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Remove/Move/Resize the "Start search" bar

That would be for the taskbar search option, which is what I would use instead of the Start Search. Disabling it did not remove the Start Search appearance at all though.

SylenThunder, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. remove side bars in start - Similar Threads - remove side bars

2. KB5034204 remove "Start" bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034204 remove "Start" bar.: I've had a problem since yesterday evening, my bottom explorer bar disappeared. Win+X restored the bar to the desktop, but most of the options, including the "start" button, are not functional. I looked for the fault for a long time and discovered it by removing the KB5034204...
  3. KB5034204 remove "Start" bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034204 remove "Start" bar.: I've had a problem since yesterday evening, my bottom explorer bar disappeared. Win+X restored the bar to the desktop, but most of the options, including the "start" button, are not functional. I looked for the fault for a long time and discovered it by removing the KB5034204...
  4. Reversing the Side Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reversing the Side Task Bar: I recently started using the side task bar rather than the bottom one. I was wondering if it was possible to flip the task bar so the the Windows Start was still in the Bottom Left of the screen. It seems like a better spot for it rather than in the top corner....
  5. Start Menu side bar got smaller?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu side bar got smaller?: [ATTACH] I have some problem that the side bar in the start menu with the power options, settings ect got smaller. Im pretty sure the icons on it got smaller too. Im not sure what happened all i did was install Sniper Elite 3 and now its like this. Does anyone know what i...
  6. Side Bar Search

in Cortana
    Side Bar Search: There is Side Bar Edge in Edge which is terrific to have & use. I sometimes wonder if everyone is aware that the same function exists within MS365 Outlook. Can highlight text or whatever in an E-mail & have a search result panel materialize on the right side within your...
  7. Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?

Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?: Is there a way to stop the power icon (or settings, file explorer etc) from expanding out to the side when my mouse hovers over it for half a second? I know that's the power button, that's why I've put my mouse there, the fact it expands itself out means more often than not...
  8. How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?: [ATTACH] Hello so I'd like to remove these folder from the sidebar : https://preview.redd.it/ycg5g1otpww31.png?width=1192&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac85a532707aaa6ea8b3c595263686dc9672b386 I tried the various option that they have when you click right but there is no remove...
  9. Bars on side of window

Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...
  10. Black Bars on side of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Bars on side of Monitor: Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz please help, thanks! 98811