Windows 10: Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update

Discus and support Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to remove it, I take it its some kind of chat program. 96186 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by waxman80014, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update

Does anyone know how to remove it, I take it its some kind of chat program.

:)

waxman80014, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Benyl Win User

How to remove the "People" icon on the taskbar

I just updated my Windows 10. After updated, I find a new icon "People". Is there any way to remove (or hide) this new icon?

TIA

Benyl, Oct 21, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to remove the "People" icon on the taskbar

Right click the taskbar and select the gear on the bottom that says 'Taskbar settings'

Then scroll down to nearly the bottom to see the People's icon on/off switch.

'Mike P, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update

Plankton, Oct 21, 2017
    • Open Settings.
    • Go to Personalization - ->Taskbar.
    • On the right, scroll down to the People section.
    • Disable the option Show people on the taskbar to hide the icon.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Nice one i did not know we can do that thanks!

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs

And there are some additional settings under Settings / Personalization / Taskbar

Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update [​IMG]

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member

No, it's sort of a modern version of Windows Contacts (on demand).

Edwin, Oct 21, 2017
  8. OK I removed it, I do not like it when stuff appears on the task bar with out me putting it there.

waxman80014, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update - Similar Threads - Remove icon taskbar

2. Remove Start icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  3. Remove Start icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  4. "People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable

"People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable: It looks like an update to Win11 added in the "people" button to the taskbar and there's no way to remove it. Is there some hidden configuration where I can disable this?...
  5. People icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People icon on taskbar: I have a Dell desktop and an MSI laptop both running Windows 11 pro 22H2, upgraded simultaneously. The MSI shows the old people icon on the taskbar, while the Dell does not. How can I get rid of the MSI people icon?...
  6. People icon on taskbar

People icon on taskbar: I have a Dell desktop and an MSI laptop both running Windows 11 pro 22H2, upgraded simultaneously. The MSI shows the old people icon on the taskbar, while the Dell does not. How can I get rid of the MSI people icon?...
  7. Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar: Hi I have an application running on my system that I would like to hide for end user. Is there a way to hide this application using regkey or GPO to ensure this is not visible for end user. It is located in the taskbar close to the clock with antivirus, ......
  8. remove icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  9. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554
  10. How can I remove people from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove people from the taskbar?: How can I remove people from the taskbar? [img] 95698