Windows 10: Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People button on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.

You can:
    • Pin your people to the taskbar – Some will be suggested to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
    • View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
    • Choose the app you want to use to chat and it’ll remember for next time.
    Windows 10 build 16199 brings even more personal ways to stay in touch and share with the people closest to you. Microsoft adding:
    • See emoji from your pinned contacts: When you receive emoji from your pinned contacts you can now watch them appear and animate right from the taskbar! Have one of your pinned contacts send you an emoji via Skype (for example “(hero)”) and see what happens! If you’d like to turn this off, open taskbar settings by right-clicking on the taskbar.
    • Notification Badging: The contacts pinned to your taskbar will now display a counter if there are unseen messages, ensuring you have at-a-glance access to communications you have missed from your pinned contacts. Note: You might need to update Skype to version 11.16.556.0 to see notification badges when new Skype messages come in.
    • People-first Sharing: You now have two easy ways to share with your people in Windows 10! Drag-and-drop files directly onto the contacts in your taskbar to start an email, or share directly to your contacts via the share picker by choosing from a list recommended people to email.
    Starting with Windows 10 build 16226, My People has gotten the following improvements:
    • Microsoft added text to the overflow area in the People flyout to make it more clear the people listed there are pinned.
    • Microsoft updated the “Switch apps” button in the People flyout to now use the a hamburger icon, to make it more visually distinct from the back button.
    • If you right-click the taskbar, you’ll now find an option to easily turn on or off People.
    • Microsoft fixed an issue from the last flight where the People flyout would crash if you tapped “Find and pin contacts”.
    Starting with Start, taskbar, and action center is selected in Color Settings.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the People button from the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Settings
    • Option Three: To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar using a BAT file
    EXAMPLE: People icon on taskbar

Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Taskbar Context Menu

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 16226.
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and click/tap on Show People button to toggle it to show (checked) or hide (unchecked). (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Settings
    1. Do step 2 (settings), step 3 (taskbar), or step 4 (People Bar) below from where you would like to open the People Bar settings from.

2. Open step 5 below.

3. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Taskbar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the People icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the See more
    button, click/tap on People Bar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side in Settings, and turn on (default) or off Show contacts on the taskbar under People on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar using a BAT file

*note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People

PeopleBand DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add People Button to Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_People_Bar_to_taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Remove People Button from Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_People_Bar_from_taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Apr 28, 2017

2. Apps suddenly appearin on my task bar

Yeah, that is a new Windows Feature which can be handy for some.

Right Click the Taskbar - uncheck "Show people button".

This shows how to use as well as how to remove (at end)

How to Use “My People” on Windows 10’s Taskbar

https://www.howtogeek.com/329420/how-to-use-my-...

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 28, 2017
  3. Please help! My touchpad keeps prompting my search field to open in my taskbar

Do you have the latest touchpad software from the PC"s Support Downloads webpage?

Once it's installed go into it's settings (often on Control Panel>Mouse tab it will add) to check for settings which may help, including sensitivity.

You might also try toggling the Search box settings choices accessed by right clicking taskbar. I minimize the search box to a circle on the taskbar. Even if removed it will search from the Start button. Any of these settings may relieve the touchpad
    issue.
    How to remove the search bar, and Cortana, from Windows 10 taskbar | Alphr

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I noticed that as well. It may work in a future build if not removed.

Brink, Apr 28, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Three Skype conversations via 'Windows My People' App.
    This is pretty versatile! They might be on to something here! *Wink

...and, dynamic reply notification banners!

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Button

2. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  3. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  4. "People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable: It looks like an update to Win11 added in the "people" button to the taskbar and there's no way to remove it. Is there some hidden configuration where I can disable this?...
  5. "People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "People" Taskbar Button No Longer Removable: It looks like an update to Win11 added in the "people" button to the taskbar and there's no way to remove it. Is there some hidden configuration where I can disable this?...
  6. Taskbar "Chat" button removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar "Chat" button removal: New HP Spectre 360, replacing my old Spectre 360.The taskbar has an icon labeled "Chat," but it really goes to MS Teams, which is not installed because I'm retired and I already have a chat app.How do I rid the taskbar of the icon?Thanks!...
  7. Add or remove icons from arrowhead on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Add or remove icons from arrowhead on taskbar: Sorry for the title, but I have 2 questions about this item: [img] 1) What is that 1/2 triangle/arrowhead that I've drawn an arrow to called? 2) How can you add or remove an icon that is on it? I tried to look for a tutorial & also googled notification area & taskbar, but...
  8. Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove the people icon from the taskbar Creators Update: Does anyone know how to remove it, I take it its some kind of chat program. 96186
  9. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...
  10. How can I remove people from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove people from the taskbar?: How can I remove people from the taskbar? [img] 95698