Windows 10: Remove user interface options like Shutdown and

Discus and support Remove user interface options like Shutdown and in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Grandma has Alzheimer's and pokes around way too much in her computer that has Windows 10 I used to remove all kinds of things in Windows 7 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadRT, Sep 22, 2015.

1. ChadRT Win User

Remove user interface options like Shutdown and

My Grandma has Alzheimer's and pokes around way too much in her computer that has Windows 10 I used to remove all kinds of things in Windows 7 but since upgrading to windows 10 I all the things I had setup to no longer show are now back again after update. The things I would like removed are...

The power menu when you click Start (I use a CLI command in the Run Box to restart and shutdown)
    The Network Icon in the task tray
    The Volume Icon in the task tray
    Any visible access to control panel (I use Windows+R to bring up run and enter "control")

I apologize for my lack of knowledge and hope that someone can help me with this if I am gone for a few hours the system gets shutdown and she cant use her games any more for the duration of my absence.

:)

ChadRT, Sep 22, 2015

2. N70 cable connection, modem dial up hangs the computer

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I installed the update, and I think the '..\services.exe' issue might have overcome. (NOT 100% sure though)

But the machine still, Hangs

Or, Auto Shutdown occurs with the msg. '.. the process lsass.exe has terminated unexpectedly'

Let me elaborate the Hang situation a bit, this is very new to my experience. I can launch some programs like Notepad.exe, but when forefox or IE does not run. TaskManager icon appears at the system tray, but the program interface does not appear, as if TaskManager
    is running while minimized.

And when i try to shutdown the computer from the start menu, the User Log off/Switch User option appears, instead of the Shutdown options.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Raquib

Message Edited by duckster on 15-Apr-2008 07:18 PM

duckster---01, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Restart through USOOrchestrator-Service ignores any GPO-Shutdown-settings

If you update your Windows (10/2016) through the new interface, at the end, there's a "Restart Now"-button. If you click that, the USOOrchestrator-Service initiates a Restart, thereby ignoring any configured GPO-Shutdown-settings such as a shutdown script.
    If you don't click that button, but initiate a Restart yourself manually, e.g. shutdown /r /t 0, the shutdown-script runs. This is really cumbersome, as you want a shutdown-script to always run, regardless of how a user initiates a shutdown/restart.... Please
    fix this in a future-update!

Bart van de Beek, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Remove user interface options like Shutdown and - Similar Threads - Remove user interface

2. User Interface glitch/bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Interface glitch/bug: Hi there,I've had a few issues since the Windows 11 update that affect my UI. Sometimes when I close a window it will visually stay open on top of my other windows until I restart my computer or close the program using task manager. Even if it's a pop up from an application I...
  3. User Interface glitch/bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Interface glitch/bug: Hi there,I've had a few issues since the Windows 11 update that affect my UI. Sometimes when I close a window it will visually stay open on top of my other windows until I restart my computer or close the program using task manager. Even if it's a pop up from an application I...
  4. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Interface failure: Fujitsu Lifebook U748 laptop Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.2364 Micron 1100 NVMe drive, excellent condition, checked by the manufacturer's utility, but was encrypted with Bitlocker, the problem was observed in the encrypted state, after decryption it remained. The system boots...
  5. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Interface failure: Fujitsu Lifebook U748 laptop Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.2364 Micron 1100 NVMe drive, excellent condition, checked by the manufacturer's utility, but was encrypted with Bitlocker, the problem was observed in the encrypted state, after decryption it remained. The system boots...
  6. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help with customizing user interface?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with customizing user interface?: Are there any online community’s or reddit threads I can go to find resources on customizing the windows GUI. I have this idea for making a theme but it’s a little out of my technical ability. If someone could point me in the right direction I’m new to this. Thank you....
  8. Redesigning windows user interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Redesigning windows user interface: Windows user interface seems boring these days. it's been 6-7 years or more after windows 10 was first released, and looks and feels the same. But in this material design world windows user interface design feels outdated AF. I think it's time to focus on designs and...
  9. User Interface on log in

User Interface on log in: The last update of Win 10 and Edge, changed my initial user interface to have Edge as the 'access point' I was using the normal Win 10 desktop and this was disturbing - I could not use the Windows icon to get to my application and my menu bar was gone. It took me a long...
  10. All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option

All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option: All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-ads-user-have-no-shutdown-and-restart-option/51e3796a-c6f8-42a1-9c09-e8c0843a4102