Windows 10: Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender

Discus and support Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All Have a little question removing Avast fully is it best to use Revo Uninstaller to remove it or Windows Built in Add/Remove Programs, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pat T, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Pat T Win User

Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender

Hello All

Have a little question removing Avast fully is it best to use Revo Uninstaller to remove it or Windows Built in Add/Remove Programs, and it's own uninstall tool

Have an I7 Desktop, I7 Laptop, and AMD A6 3620 APU based systems

Looking for best gaming performance for my hardware, lan performance, and in General system usage, I have read threads on Windows Defender causing high cpu usage, and system restore points daily on tenforums site, so I figured i'd ask her to make sure before I went thru trouble of removing Avast and such

:)

Pat T, Aug 19, 2018

2. How do I remove Avast so I can use Windows Defender?

These are the instructions provided by avast.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn on. In some cases you may receive a

message indicating your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Protecting the computer (windows defender,avast, etc)?

Agreed with Firefox w/ Adblock Plus and NoScript. I suggest Antivir. Very trustworthy Antivirus and is less resource hogging the avast. Takes up about 40mb with guard enabled and 30mb with guard disabled.

spearman914, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender

Malwarebytes, Avast and Windows Defender

I say....Good Luck with all that with Avast. I got rid of Avast when it got in a fight with Windows 8.1. AND....customer support is a robot at Avast that only lets you have the info they want you to have. I never got to talk with a human being that could
    help with any specific problem.....I got the run-a-round instead back to the robot. So if you want and like Avast, good for you. Best of luck.

Paul-in-KS, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender

1. Removing Avast Fully If i Choose to Use Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Removing Avast Fully

2. Avast/Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast/Windows Defender: Good afternoon and Happy New Year! I have gotten tired of Avast Antivirus and uninstalled it so I can go to Windows Defender. Guess Avast did not give me a clean uninstall through my Control Panel and left something on my laptop. Windows Security/Defender now show I have...
  3. I can't fully defend my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't fully defend my pc: I can't fully defend my pc, I need help I have a threat and I don't know what to do in particular about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-fully-defend-my-pc/1d2645a3-4792-45f3-ac86-d32fa7212c00
  4. Defender vs Avast

Defender vs Avast: New PC on the way. Is Win Defender capable enough so that I won't have to use a free AV like AVAST? 157873
  5. Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus

Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus: How do I get rid of McAfee AV so that I can use Windows Defender? I just started up my new Asus GL703GE Laptop for first time out of the box. After all updates were installed, I am trying to get rid of McAfee so that I can use Windows Defender as my AV. After many googles,...
  6. Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead

Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead: I'm currently using McAfee for firewall & virus protection that came with my new computer free for 1 year. But I'd like to remove it right now and start using Windows Defender for virus & FW. Please give me the procedure for doing this. I planned to use Revo Uninstaller...
  7. Avast removal

Avast removal: Hi Folks I have a Dell laptop here from which I'm struggling to remove Avast Free. I downloaded and ran the Avast Removal tool which tells me I've succesfully removed Avast. However, if I do a search I find numerous Avast files still on the C: - 36 files in the...
  8. Avast removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast removal: Hi Folks I have a Dell laptop here from which I'm struggling to remove Avast Free. I downloaded and ran the Avast Removal tool which tells me I've succesfully removed Avast. However, if I do a search I find numerous Avast files still on the C: - 36 files in the...
  9. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  10. Avast vs Defender?

Avast vs Defender?: For a very long time (over 8 years) I have used Avast Anti-Virus as my main protection on the computer. Defender in Windows 7 was just not mature yet. I will admit that I know little about how good or bad Defender has become, but since I have been having real issues with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I use windows defender with avast premier