Windows 10: Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History...

Discus and support Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is ridiculous, old notifications about block attempts can't be cleared, they just pile up forever and ever. If there a fix for this? Is this issue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rkaycom, Sep 30, 2019.

1. rkaycom Win User

Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History...

This is ridiculous, old notifications about block attempts can't be cleared, they just pile up forever and ever. If there a fix for this? Is this issue ever being rectified? There are posts about this issue from a year ago, nothing.

:)

rkaycom, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Telos Win User

Controlled folder access blocking toast notifications no longer appear

When I first initiated "Controlled folder access" I would get toast notifications when a new app was blocked. I could then allow that app by opening the recently blocked app list , and make an exception for the blocked app.

A few weeks ago the toast notifications stopped for this feature (otherwise they are active). Now when a program fails to load, I have to toggle off controlled folder access and retry the program launch. If successful, I then manually locate that program to make an exception, as it does not appear in the recently blocked apps list.

How do I again receive toast notifications, and why are the blocked programs no longer appearing in the recently blocked apps list? Is there a means to manually clear the recently blocked list? This anti-ransomware feature has become a nuisance to manage.

Does anyone here use this?

Telos, Sep 30, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How to remove folders from File History

That does not work. Even though I do the delete from the "Back up these folders" from the list, it still backs it up - and when I close out of Settings and then go back in, the folder re-appears in the list.

However, Mila's suggestion worked. Is it possible that folders in my Library cannot be removed from the "Back up these folders" list?

4. Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History...

How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

mila parker, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History...

1. Removing old notifications from the Controlled Folder's Block History... - Similar Threads - Removing old notifications

2. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access block history crashing: Hello, I've had this issue for a few days now. When i try to access the block history of Controlled Folder Access it freezes and then crashes after a few seconds. Before it crashes I can still switch to some other tab in Windows Security. There was a day where it worked fine...
  3. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlled Folder Access block history crashing: Hello, I've had this issue for a few days now. When i try to access the block history of Controlled Folder Access it freezes and then crashes after a few seconds. Before it crashes I can still switch to some other tab in Windows Security. There was a day where it worked fine...
  4. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I know of the method of deleting the Service folder by going into ProgramData/Mircosoft/WindowsDefener/Scans/History by deleting the files under CacheManager and turning real time protection on and off,...
  6. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I know of the method of deleting the Service folder by going into ProgramData/Mircosoft/WindowsDefener/Scans/History by deleting the files under CacheManager and turning real time protection on and off,...
  7. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Clear Controlled Folder Access Block History

Clear Controlled Folder Access Block History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I am aware of the method of deleting the Service folder in Windows Defender/History and turning real time protection on and off, but this does nothing for me. Neither does clearing the windows defender...
  9. Controlled folder access blocking toast notifications no longer appear

Controlled folder access blocking toast notifications no longer appear: When I first initiated "Controlled folder access" I would get toast notifications when a new app was blocked. I could then allow that app by opening the recently blocked app list , and make an exception for the blocked app. A few weeks ago the toast notifications stopped...
  10. Unauthorized changes blocked notification - Controlled folder access blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked notification - Controlled folder access blocked: The Unauthorized changes blocked notification - Controlled folder access blocked - does not provide the complete address of the file location. That is, sometimes I see ...... and can not find the file. How can I expand the file location address in the Notification section...