Windows 10: Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Discus and support Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PBBldr, Dec 7, 2015.

1. PBBldr Win User

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Hi,
    Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive?
    If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type.
    Thanks, Paul

:)

PBBldr, Dec 7, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Banjo_man Win User
    File History Not Backing Up OneDrive Local Files

I have copied the email they sent me below. I was able to see the green check marks and having reset OneDrive it didn't restart so I had to run the final task. Then all was and still is well.

• Are you able to see the green check marks on all the files/folders in OneDrive folder of file explorer?
    Try resetting your OneDrive in windows 10 computer:-
    • Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two. Here’s how to check: Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer [​IMG]

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the

OneDrive icon.)

• If the OneDrive icon doesn’t re-appear after a few minutes, open the
      Run
      window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Banjo_man, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

1. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer - Similar Threads - Removing OneDrive Green

2. How to remove Green Check Marks on Desktop Icons in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Green Check Marks on Desktop Icons in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some of you have seen green check marks on your desktop files, folders, and some icons. These check marks appear at the bottom left side of files, folders, and shortcut icons placed on the desktop. Don’t get confused with the little green arrows that appear on the...
  3. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  4. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  5. File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark

File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark: When I move photos from my android phone to my PC they appear with a VERY ANNOYING check mark on the lower left corner when I view them as "icons - I go to the view tab and select large or very large icons I want to get rid of these. In fact I never want to see them. They...
  6. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  7. Viewing Photos in Windows 10. How do I remove the green check marks?

Viewing Photos in Windows 10. How do I remove the green check marks?: I use "Photos" to open pictures. In the bottom left corner of every picture there is a big green check mark taking up almost one-quarter of the picture. Is there a way to remove these check marks? [ATTACH] * Original title: Viewing Photos in Windows 10...
  8. Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS: Help, Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS. Is a Bat File available from this forum? Sorry, new to forum, did not know I needed Ver # every time I logged in. Included in a previous login & though the forum cross referenced from my Login &...
  9. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  10. check marks and x's in file explorer?

check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"