Windows 10: Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Discus and support Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PBBldr, Dec 7, 2015.

1. PBBldr Win User

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Hi,
    Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive?
    If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type.
    Thanks, Paul

:)

PBBldr, Dec 7, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Banjo_man Win User
    File History Not Backing Up OneDrive Local Files

I have copied the email they sent me below. I was able to see the green check marks and having reset OneDrive it didn't restart so I had to run the final task. Then all was and still is well.

• Are you able to see the green check marks on all the files/folders in OneDrive folder of file explorer?
    Try resetting your OneDrive in windows 10 computer:-
    • Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two. Here’s how to check: Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer [​IMG]

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the

OneDrive icon.)

• If the OneDrive icon doesn’t re-appear after a few minutes, open the
      Run
      window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Banjo_man, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

1. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer - Similar Threads - Removing OneDrive Green

2. OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing: The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look... OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine. There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this...
  3. check marks and x's in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"
  4. OneDrive and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and File Explorer: Users with permissions can view folders with OneDrive online. But not on their PC in File Explorer under OneDrive. How do I get them to be able to view that they see online in their File Explorer. I am able to see online and in my File Explorer....
  5. Green checks Annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green checks Annoying: I do not use Norton. I have tried right clicking on desktop and clicked Refresh Desktops the green checks are still there. I rebooted from a cold boot hoping that might solve it. Argh!!! I use Advanced System Care Ultimate for Anti-virus and maintenance. This did not happen...
  6. remove the top OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    remove the top OneDrive icon: Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation...
  7. How To Remove Blue Question Mark From File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Remove Blue Question Mark From File Explorer?: Is there a way to remove this blue question mark button from File Explorer? I never press it, and usually whenever I need help with fixing stuff on the computer, that question mark is the least likely button that will help me out, lol. Thanks! [img] 75442
  8. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark
  9. Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?: [img] any idea to fix this ? 82578
  10. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death: When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not...