Windows 10: Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.

Discus and support Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using the same registry tweak for years to hide shortcut arrows to give my desktop a more sleek look. Since a couple of days ago the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bajungadustin, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.

I have been using the same registry tweak for years to hide shortcut arrows to give my desktop a more sleek look. Since a couple of days ago the same tweak no longer works.

Adding to shell icons

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell Icons] "29"="%SystemRoot%\\Blank.ico,0"[/quote] while adding a blank icon to the system folder has worked for as long as i can remember. Now it returns a black box instead.

I can get it to go mostly away with
    Code: %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50[/quote] instead of the blank.ico trick but it creates a border type looking image that looks like this image

anyone with more experience than me with the registry can find this border thing so i can remove it? or suggest an alternative fix?

:)

Bajungadustin, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.

1. Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update. - Similar Threads - Removing shortcut arrows

2. Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing shortcut arrows no longer works after recent windows update.: I have been using the same registry tweak for years to hide shortcut arrows to give my desktop a more sleek look. Since a couple of days ago the same tweak no longer works. Adding to shell icons Code:...
  3. Remove shortcut arrows

Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  4. Internet Shortcuts no longer working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Shortcuts no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  5. Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?: Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no longer be found. According to Windows settings 'add and remove programs' it's still there. It seems possible that the...
  6. Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?? Broken by Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?? Broken by Update?: Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no longer be found. According to Windows settings 'add and remove programs' it's still there. It seems possible that the...
  7. Shortcut arrow

Shortcut arrow: How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484
  8. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update: just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293
  9. Hiding Shortcut Arrow

Hiding Shortcut Arrow: Hello folks I am new to both these forums and windows 10, so please try and bear with me. Okay, in previous iterations of windows I was always able to hide those unsightly shortcut arrows that are attached to shortcut icons on the desktop. I can do so in Windows 10,...
  10. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304