Windows 10: Removing the password

Discus and support Removing the password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been trying to remove the need to input a password when waking my computer from 'Sleep' mode. I have followed the procedures that I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bluenose1940, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Removing the password

I have been trying to remove the need to input a password when waking my computer from 'Sleep' mode.

I have followed the procedures that I have found on-line but it still doesn't seem to work.

I am obviously using Windows 10 and I recently did a new 'clean install' and so I imagine that the version is pretty much up-to-date.

Any thoughts anyone?

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Mar 15, 2017

2. Removing the must have password inorder to sign into windows 10 computer

I just want to be able to sign into my PERSONAL HOME computer without having to put in a password or code. When I first got my windows 10 and set it up I was prompt to put in a code. But after two years this is getting annoying. I have tried and tried
    and cant figure out how to do it. hint: putting in netplwz command and unchecking use password does not work.

ToniSimmons, Mar 15, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Removing the must have password inorder to sign into windows 10 computer

Right click start, click Command Prompt(Admin)

Type in netplwiz and hit enter

Follow instructions to remove Log on.

lacrumb, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Removing the password

Go to all settings/accounts/sign in options....then require sign in/in the drop down menu, select never.

Plankton, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Thank you for trying to help. I can't find the option that you mention. Hopefully I will have attached a shot of my sign-in options page for you to see.

Removing the password [​IMG]

6. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Mar 15, 2017
  7. How could I possibly miss that!!! it's an age thing you know!

Thank you Plankton, I've now done that and so hopefully it will be sorted. Thanks for your patience, much appreciated.

8. Plankton Win User

Removing the password

NP....hope it works for you.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Removing the password

1. Removing the password - Similar Threads - Removing password

2. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  3. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  4. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  6. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  7. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

8. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  9. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  10. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization