Windows 10: Removing Windows Defender

Discus and support Removing Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have PC Matic and Windows Defender causes a conflict - help.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CatharineMcDonald, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Removing Windows Defender

I have PC Matic and Windows Defender causes a conflict - help.

:)

CatharineMcDonald, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Removing Windows Defender

Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. Removing Windows Defender :)

Add or Remove Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Removing Windows Defender

1. Removing Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Removing Defender

2. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  3. Windows Defender Failed to Remove Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah!MTB

Windows Defender Failed to Remove Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah!MTB: Split from this thread. Mine is Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah!MTB, how do I know if it's safe now? Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-failed-to-remove/f35d1dc9-fe57-4041-8b5b-4e4cd63b4ceb
  4. Safety after Defender removes a threat

Safety after Defender removes a threat: Where I work and study outside my house the computers- some of them- have viruses that cause my flash to read everything as shortcuts. Including today this has happened to me three times and their own program, webroot is unable to discover and remove the cause. When I get...
  5. Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus

Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus: How do I get rid of McAfee AV so that I can use Windows Defender? I just started up my new Asus GL703GE Laptop for first time out of the box. After all updates were installed, I am trying to get rid of McAfee so that I can use Windows Defender as my AV. After many googles,...
  6. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml window defender not able to remove that virus

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml window defender not able to remove that virus: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml window defender not able to remove that virus. Plz help how to remove it. I already run Microsoft Safety Scanner 64-bit. But viurs still in my pc Now Defender shows remediation incomplete Severe...
  7. Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender: Here's what happened: i started my laptop normally and i went AFK for a while, the fan went full power, it was weird because I've never heard it going so fast, so I opened task manager to search for the culprit and the fan went slow again, I IMMEDIATELY thought "cryptominer",...
  8. How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender

How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender: For years I an using Windows Defender and do not want to install any other software. While installing an app AVEST was suddenly installed. I am trying to delete. As soon as I click on Administer permission An AVEST,page opens asking to repair or update program , and it is...
  9. Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found

Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found: Hello, I downloaded a program and got infected with Trojan:Win32/Conteban.B!ml When Windows Defender alerted me, i deleted the folder that was downloaded and emptied my recycle bin. Since then, i have re-scanned my computer a few times and it always shows "1 threat found"...
  10. Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead

Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead: I'm currently using McAfee for firewall & virus protection that came with my new computer free for 1 year. But I'd like to remove it right now and start using Windows Defender for virus & FW. Please give me the procedure for doing this. I planned to use Revo Uninstaller...