Windows 10: repair install needed

Discus and support repair install needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last two updates trashed my Tablet. System restore is blank, all my set points have disappeared. I need to do a repair install but am wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by milford, Mar 26, 2016.

1. milford Win User

repair install needed

The last two updates trashed my Tablet. System restore is blank, all my set points have disappeared. I need to do a repair install but am wondering what will install. Will I get Windows 10 with the updates I don't want, or some earlier version?

And this is probably the wrong section to post this problem. *cry

:)

milford, Mar 26, 2016

2. PC Needs to be repaired

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 26, 2016
  3. PC needs to be repaired

Hi Ceci,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We are sorry for the trouble you faced. I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform StartUp Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change
      the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'StartUp Repair'.

• After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.
    Also, if you face Black Screen error again, then you may check the suggestion by "Sharath Srinivasa"
    in the following link and see if that helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Write to us if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 26, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

repair install needed

Hi.
    You can download the latest General Release from repair install with that. It should set things right.

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The current Windows 10 version available for download appears to be build 10586.104. The first Windows Update it gets will be the cumulative update that brings it to the most current build, 10586.164.

NavyLCDR, Mar 26, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I would prefer a Reset. It worked for me very nice, at least twice.

*Arrow Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    repair install needed [​IMG]
    Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you can try to restore it. Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

Thema:

repair install needed

1. repair install needed - Similar Threads - repair install needed

2. Device need to repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device need to repaired: I have this annoying screen were I cant proceed into the desktop. PC restarted multiple times and nothing happens. It comes with the same screen with that message and nothing is repaired even after multiple attempt. This laptop was a gift but it is not that old to get this...
  3. Pc needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc needs to be repaired: hi everyone,can somebody please help me woth the problem i am stuck with,clicking F8 doesnt work either and i dont want to buy windows 10.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-needs-to-be-repaired/3f222784-9b05-4ef2-88f4-9524c659fe24
  4. Pc needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc needs to be repaired: hi everyone,can somebody please help me woth the problem i am stuck with,clicking F8 doesnt work either and i dont want to buy windows 10.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-needs-to-be-repaired/3f222784-9b05-4ef2-88f4-9524c659fe24
  5. PC needs to be repaired.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC needs to be repaired.: Ok so the problem is "Registry system file is missing or contains error. Error code: 0xc0000225. File path: windows\system32\config\system" BSOD.It started after I, without thinking, copied registry files from RegBack which I didn't know have 0KB. The reason is because...
  6. PC needs to be repaired.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC needs to be repaired.: Original title: wdfilter.sys missing or contains error.Ok so after I got WdBoot.sys error, I did chkdsk and sfc /scannow. It seems to go away, but another Wd error appears again, WdFilter.sys now. It seems that windows defender is having problem but I don't know how that...
  7. Windows Hello - need to repair or re-install

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello - need to repair or re-install: I've spent a lot of time trying to resolve these issues and think I need to repair or reinstall. I'm pretty tech savvy and have tried downloading an IR camera driver and several other fixes I saw online. Here's the issue: Fingerprint and pin work but Facial recognition...
  8. Windows Needs To Be Repaired?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Needs To Be Repaired?: Hi, Yesterday I replaced my old PCIe SSD with a new, larger one. I done a clean install of windows and everything worked fine for me yesterday, but when I turned on my computer today I ran into an issue. On initial launch, I am told windows needs to repaired and presented...
  9. PC needs to be repaired

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC needs to be repaired: When I was trying to download Minecraft using the Twitch client,my computer suddenly crashed. After rebooting I got an error code 0xc0000428 and message about repairing...
  10. pc needs repaired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc needs repaired: got error codes #1--\windows\system.32\config\system e.code... 0xc0000225 #2--d0000034 #3--d:\windows\system.32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-needs-repaired/4a3b1081-5bb7-41c9-9e52-566614fc4968