Windows 10: Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

Discus and support Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought windows 10 serial number a while ago off amazon... my motherboard wasn't working so i replaced it, and downloaded windows,. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by endorush85, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

I bought windows 10 serial number a while ago off amazon...

my motherboard wasn't working so i replaced it, and downloaded windows,. and reinstalled using the same serial number and it says the serial number is already in use (obviously)

so my windows 10 license is stuck to a dead motherboard... how can i transfer it to my new one?

what is the solution to this?

thanks

:)

endorush85, Sep 18, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Regarding Windows Installation/Activation.

Same key, bits don't matter to the key. What does matter is Home or Pro, etc.

Most people wont need a key as its tied to their Microsoft account & motherboard serial on windows activation servers.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

'Mike P, Sep 18, 2016
  3. wamaloo Win User
    new windows 10 update

Hi all

got a message that said to activate windows just fired up the desktop since replacing the motherboard went from ddr2-ddr3 used the same hard drives from the old computer which had my win 10 key number but know it wont let me activate the new update obviously
    no key what do I do know the price for me is pretty steep but I would like to know my best option CHEERS

wamaloo, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

Brink, Sep 18, 2016
  5. i did it by phone, thanks for the help~! *Smile

endorush85, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear you got it activated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

1. Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate - Similar Threads - Replaced Motherboard wont

2. it wont let me activate windows 10,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it wont let me activate windows 10,: says cant connect to your organizations activation server, but i dont have an organization, just installed a fresh copy of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-activate-windows-10/e4a6ed53-fb60-4e50-be5b-1315124a2ffa
  3. it wont let me activate windows 10,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    it wont let me activate windows 10,: says cant connect to your organizations activation server, but i dont have an organization, just installed a fresh copy of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-activate-windows-10/e4a6ed53-fb60-4e50-be5b-1315124a2ffa
  4. it wont let me activate windows 10,

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows wont let me activate.

windows wont let me activate.: Running on a new daily driver rig. Windows wont let me activate, tried all the troubleshooting stuff, any help would be great as i cant be bothered to buy a new code for something that isnt my fault....
  6. windows wont let me activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont let me activate.: Running on a new daily driver rig. Windows wont let me activate, tried all the troubleshooting stuff, any help would be great as i cant be bothered to buy a new code for something that isnt my fault....
  7. windows wont let me activate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.

Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.: Hello, I'm just wondering if I will have to get a new Windows Product Key after replacing my current motherboard with the same Model. Rather not pay for Windows again as the only reason I need to replace the motherboard is because I've lost sound. I have the exact model of...
  9. changed out motherboard, activation on windows was removed and wont let me reactivate it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changed out motherboard, activation on windows was removed and wont let me reactivate it: so i switched out my motherboard a couple days ago and i noticed windows has completely removed my activation key. even when i use the "i changed harware recently" button, it just tells me "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " what the hell do i do...
  10. Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!: i use a shopping website called vova and i was able to shop on here on my lenovo laptop for months but now all of a sudden everything is working except that website. it makes no sense. i have all updates installed so i dont know what it is. i use this website alot so i cant...