Windows 10: Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

Discus and support Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought windows 10 serial number a while ago off amazon... my motherboard wasn't working so i replaced it, and downloaded windows,. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by endorush85, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

I bought windows 10 serial number a while ago off amazon...

my motherboard wasn't working so i replaced it, and downloaded windows,. and reinstalled using the same serial number and it says the serial number is already in use (obviously)

so my windows 10 license is stuck to a dead motherboard... how can i transfer it to my new one?

what is the solution to this?

thanks

:)

endorush85, Sep 18, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Regarding Windows Installation/Activation.

Same key, bits don't matter to the key. What does matter is Home or Pro, etc.

Most people wont need a key as its tied to their Microsoft account & motherboard serial on windows activation servers.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

'Mike P, Sep 18, 2016
  3. wamaloo Win User
    new windows 10 update

Hi all

got a message that said to activate windows just fired up the desktop since replacing the motherboard went from ddr2-ddr3 used the same hard drives from the old computer which had my win 10 key number but know it wont let me activate the new update obviously
    no key what do I do know the price for me is pretty steep but I would like to know my best option CHEERS

wamaloo, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

Brink, Sep 18, 2016
  5. i did it by phone, thanks for the help~! *Smile

endorush85, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear you got it activated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate

1. Replaced Motherboard, wont let me use same serial # to activate - Similar Threads - Replaced Motherboard wont

2. activating windows after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....
  3. Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it?: Is it possible for me to remove my motherboard and replace it? I wanted to exchange my cpu, but then realized it's soldered, so I went ahead with the plan of changing my motherboard, I have all in one pc, is it possible? My pc:...
  4. Bought Used PC; Won't Let Me Activate It

Bought Used PC; Won't Let Me Activate It: Just recently, I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad from 2nd and Charles to try for college. The problem I find, however, is that it states that it can't activate Windows. All it keeps giving me is the Error Code: 0x8007007B The version of Windows is 1511 (unless I can update it with...
  5. Microsoft wont let me use google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft wont let me use google chrome: I keep Installing and uninstalling google chrome but I still get the pop up of ask for parent permission. Only problem I am the only one on the account I am the administrator for my account no one else uses it. I can't figure out how to fix this and when I go back to school...
  6. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!: i use a shopping website called vova and i was able to shop on here on my lenovo laptop for months but now all of a sudden everything is working except that website. it makes no sense. i have all updates installed so i dont know what it is. i use this website alot so i cant...
  8. Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows

Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows: How do you thieving extortionist justify wanting a poor person to pay $120 for windows 10 when all I did was have the unmitigated audacity to replace a dead out of warranty $180 HP motherboard with a better and cheaper $80 MSI motherboard? My windows is still the OEM genuine...
  9. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...
  10. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...