Windows 10: Replacing Edge

Discus and support Replacing Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just uploaded W 10 and want to replace Edge as my browser with Internet 11,how do I do this please. 32564 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willden, Dec 3, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Replacing Edge

Just uploaded W 10 and want to replace Edge as my browser with Internet 11,how do I do this please.

:)

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Choochbag Win User

EDGE replacing IE

Thanks...after some tinkering I came to your answer and it filled in the blanks. I understand!!!!!

Choochbag, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Choochbag Win User
    EDGE replacing IE

I did, however, switch as many associations and protocols as I could...all but 3 protocols. Let you know how smoothly it runs

Choochbag, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Replacing Edge

Start > Settings > System > Default Apps > Web browser

alphanumeric, Dec 3, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just to add what has already been said to you..............

When you get to Web Browser, it will show only Microsoft Edge.
    Left click at Microsoft Edge and a popup box will show Internet Explorer > click it.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  6. willden Win User
    Just done that but still on Microsoft edge.

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Did you pin IE11 to either Start or Taskbar ?
    If yes, what shows up when you click at IE11 ?

Microsoft Edge has, by default, an icon at taskbar. If you click at it, Edge will appear.
    You need to click at IE11 icon in order to use IE.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  8. willden Win User

Replacing Edge

Did what you said in box,no more no less.It now says I 11 in apps but not on taskbar.where do I find the icon for I 11

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Not sure what you said by "box".
    But, forget about that for now.
    Left click at Start > lefts side, click All apps > scroll down to alphabet W > click open Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer is on the list.
    Right click at Internet Explorer > choose either Pin to Start or click More and click Pin to Taskbar.
    You can also create a desktop shortcut by clicking at More > click Open file location > right click at Internet Explorer >click Send to > click Desktop (create shortcut)

How to Restore and Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  10. willden Win User
    Just tried what you have given me and it worked like a charm,many many thanks.

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replacing Edge

1. Replacing Edge - Similar Threads - Replacing Edge

2. is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?: is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?Journal Details Report.csv becomes Journal%20Detail%20Report.csv when downloaded.thank you...
  3. is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?: is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?Journal Details Report.csv becomes Journal%20Detail%20Report.csv when downloaded.thank you...
  4. is there a way to stop Edge from replacing spaces with %20 in downloaded filenames?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.

Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.: And... replaces my wallpaper, deletes the accounts signed in on chrome, and deletes my steam shortcutsand only the games, nothing else, not even not steam games, and for some reason resets Team fortress 2's resolution settings... and only that particular setting....
  6. New Microsoft Edge replace Microsoft Edge Legacy in Windows 10 April

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge replace Microsoft Edge Legacy in Windows 10 April: [ATTACH] In August 2020, we announced that support for the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application [ATTACH] ends on March 9, 2021. After this date, Microsoft Edge Legacy will no longer receive security updates. To replace this out of support application, we are...
  7. Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser

Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser: The last update PUSHED Edge onto a number of our employee's taskbars. And, that is not the worst part. In some cases, even though other browsers were being used by an individual, when I tried to revert the workstation's default browser under default apps, the original...
  8. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  9. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  10. Is it possible to replace Edge with one of its insider counterparts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to replace Edge with one of its insider counterparts?: Greetings, I have the stable Edgium installed, as well as the dev channel version. Is there a way to hide or uninstall the stable version, while only keeping the insider? submitted by /u/coffeebiscuitsandtea [link] [comments]...