Windows 10: Replacing Edge

Discus and support Replacing Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just uploaded W 10 and want to replace Edge as my browser with Internet 11,how do I do this please. 32564 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willden, Dec 3, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Replacing Edge

Just uploaded W 10 and want to replace Edge as my browser with Internet 11,how do I do this please.

:)

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Choochbag Win User

EDGE replacing IE

Thanks...after some tinkering I came to your answer and it filled in the blanks. I understand!!!!!

Choochbag, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Choochbag Win User
    EDGE replacing IE

I did, however, switch as many associations and protocols as I could...all but 3 protocols. Let you know how smoothly it runs

Choochbag, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Replacing Edge

Start > Settings > System > Default Apps > Web browser

alphanumeric, Dec 3, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just to add what has already been said to you..............

When you get to Web Browser, it will show only Microsoft Edge.
    Left click at Microsoft Edge and a popup box will show Internet Explorer > click it.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  6. willden Win User
    Just done that but still on Microsoft edge.

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Did you pin IE11 to either Start or Taskbar ?
    If yes, what shows up when you click at IE11 ?

Microsoft Edge has, by default, an icon at taskbar. If you click at it, Edge will appear.
    You need to click at IE11 icon in order to use IE.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  8. willden Win User

Replacing Edge

Did what you said in box,no more no less.It now says I 11 in apps but not on taskbar.where do I find the icon for I 11

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Not sure what you said by "box".
    But, forget about that for now.
    Left click at Start > lefts side, click All apps > scroll down to alphabet W > click open Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer is on the list.
    Right click at Internet Explorer > choose either Pin to Start or click More and click Pin to Taskbar.
    You can also create a desktop shortcut by clicking at More > click Open file location > right click at Internet Explorer >click Send to > click Desktop (create shortcut)

How to Restore and Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  10. willden Win User
    Just tried what you have given me and it worked like a charm,many many thanks.

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replacing Edge

1. Replacing Edge - Similar Threads - Replacing Edge

2. Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?: Hello, I'm reaching out here because I am currently dealing with corrupted files in a video game. I have isolated the files into their own folder and I'm hoping that I will be able to send the folder to a friend that has the correct files and have them replace those with the...
  3. Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows: I had to replace the motherboard and the processor on my PC. It was Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a legitimate box license. This license is transferable but I cannot activate my machine....
  4. Analog audio not supported and replaced with payware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Analog audio not supported and replaced with payware: OS 1909 I had been using analog audio with Realtek HD audio but this has recently stopped working and appeared to have been replaced by Dolby Atmos which I have to pay to get audio to work. I have tried reinstalling Realtek several times and changing settings as recommended...
  5. Can I get Microsoft to replace my laptop due to their technicians' "fixes" following...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I get Microsoft to replace my laptop due to their technicians' "fixes" following...: HP laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed when purchased. Windows 10 update done March 13, 2020. Computer began shutting down with BSOD. Initially contacted HP which did diagnostic testing of hardware -- no problems. Identified problem as Windows 10 update. Contacted...
  6. Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine: Hi, Our CEO's Surface Pro was replaced under warranty. The original surface was licensed with Windows 10 Home, which we upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Settings->System->About->Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows. Prior to shipping the system for replacement,...
  7. Replaced hard drive, installed windows, went OK. Reverted to old drive, won't boot.

Replaced hard drive, installed windows, went OK. Reverted to old drive, won't boot.: I have a windows 8 computer. I removed the hard drive from the computer and replaced it with a new one. I installed windows 10 on it and it works. When I remove the new drive and replace the old one, I cannot boot to it. It shows a black screen with an underscore. When both...
  8. I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...: submitted by /u/Grasshoppa01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqap51/i_have_multiple_files_with_in_them_and_id_like_to/
  9. Replaced my cable modem, now edge and some other Microsoft apps, including store, wont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced my cable modem, now edge and some other Microsoft apps, including store, wont work.: Replaced my cable modem, now edge and some other Microsoft apps, including store, wont work. The cable company did this because I was having numerous internet outages. That problem cleared up and now this. All my other browsers work fine!...
  10. Why is Microsoft forcing a edge/ie to replace Chrome, causing failures in business systems

Why is Microsoft forcing a edge/ie to replace Chrome, causing failures in business systems: Why are all of our Windows 10 systems removing chrome as our default browser? We have a number of enterprise systems that don't work well with edge and our end users were setup with chrome. This is costing me hundreds of man hours....