Windows 10: Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

Discus and support Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've finished installing Windows 10 version 1903, To see that I only have 5 GB left on my SSD. (It's a 32 GB SSD.) So I've figured it was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IsaiahBrown2, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

So I've finished installing Windows 10 version 1903, To see that I only have 5 GB left on my SSD. (It's a 32 GB SSD.) So I've figured it was only Windows Update files. So I ran Disk Cleanup. After I ran Disk Cleanup, I only have 9 GB. Now I wanted to see what was going on. I went to Settings and went to storage to see this: (See picture below.)

Even though It was just 2 more GB then System Files, It was still taking more storage. Is there anyway to remove Reserved Storage?

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files fb4fac95-f5d9-4827-8158-c6ab3b9f942d?upload=true.png

:)

IsaiahBrown2, Jun 1, 2019

2. High System and reserve storage

I had encounter high system and reserve usage. when i first receive warning from window about high storage i deleted some few GB of app and files. However the storage keep filling up within the next 3 days and i would receive the same warning on high storage
    usage. i found that the system & reserved is taking up more than half of my hard disk space even i had disabled system restore point. Please assist me on this.

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files acd643d0-8bdf-4ed0-b16d-a4a83e519d3a.png

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files 2b9ac7fa-849c-48cd-9213-9d813c4f271a.png

Moved fromReserved Storage took more storage than System Files :( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

jayson.yin, Jun 1, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Storage reserved for Windows Update

Starting from here:
    What’s New In Windows 10 Version 1903 May 2019 Update
    Reduce Reserved Storage Size in Windows 10
    Find Reserved Storage Size in Windows 10
    Enable or Disable Reserved Storage in Windows 10

So you can see it can be disabled, and is not necessarily a fixed 7Gb. But of course we don't have the final release yet- that's expected in May.

Further, Brink has produced these:
    Enable or Disable Reserved Storage for Windows Update in Windows 10 | Tutorials
    Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

Reserved Storage Information

Hi Kamil,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. "The new reserved storage consists of reallocated temporary files. Those temporary OS files will then be erased when Windows 10 needs the storage space for its updates. The current
    default value for reserved storage is about seven gigabytes"

More information here:

https://windowsreport.com/disable-reserved-stor...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

1. Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files - Similar Threads - Reserved Storage took

2. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  3. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  4. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  5. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  6. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  7. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

8. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

"System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space: Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and...
  9. System and Reserved storage taking more space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System and Reserved storage taking more space.: My system and reserved storage takes 160 GB. The window 10 alone takes 44 GB? The system restore takes around 80GB. Please help me with storage settings. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage

Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage: Within the last couple months I got a new PC and it is and has been running really well... with one problem. Its storage has recently begun filling up really quickly and practically overnight the system and reserved storage went up around 100 GB. I should specify that I have...