Windows 10: Reset administrator for windows 10

Discus and support Reset administrator for windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Accidental removal of the administrator account caused a problem with making changes including adding a new admin, updating, installations and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tha teknicality, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Reset administrator for windows 10

Accidental removal of the administrator account caused a problem with making changes including adding a new admin, updating, installations and removals, and changing a current user to admin. Including adding a new administrator. Looked online to find a solution, however, the ability to run CMD as admin is not an option. Also entering the net user administrator /active: yes command gives an error 5 response.

Any solutions?

:)

tha teknicality, Dec 7, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Reset administrator for windows 10

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Reset administrator for windows 10

1. Reset administrator for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset administrator

2. How to reset administrator profile in WINDOWS 10 without re-installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset administrator profile in WINDOWS 10 without re-installation: I'm working around a problem that I don't find the answers ? From the start with my new Lenovo notebook , I don't really know If I made a mistake by creating my administrator account, but until now I'm facing a "barrage" to access any folder or files outside my folder name...
  3. Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go...

Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go...: My friend can't download programs etc. because he doesn't know the administrator's password nor the name of the administrator account. It seems like the best option would be to reset Windows 10, because we don't know a lot about computers. Is it possible to reset Windows 10...
  4. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself: I purchased this Lenovo Ideapad 320 as a gift for my former girlfriend (as well as myself) and allowed her (being the good guy that I am) to create the initial set-up in which she had the only Admin privilege (which looking back now was not smart). It is set up with...
  5. How to reset password Run Administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset password Run Administrator?: How To reset password Run administrator? *cry*cry [img] 29868
  6. HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password?

HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password?: I've Dell latitude 3330 which is connected to school domain. Before i disconnected from school domain i created user name- Admin but forgot to set it in Administrator. I'm now in Standard User instead of Administrator. But some how Built-in Administrator account is enable but...
  7. Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default

Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default: So I've had some issues with my Administrator account but not for the others where it mentioned explorer.exe interface was not supported and all of my other programs lost his functionality (Skype,Games,Microsoft Edge). I did some research on some sites about telling me I...
  8. Built-in administrator account reset its password

Built-in administrator account reset its password: Hello! I have an unusual problem, which has caused me to not have admin access on my own computer. Recently, I noticed that my personal account did not have full privileges on my computer despite it being the only account on it. I activated the built-in admin account with...
  9. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...
  10. Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts: Hi all Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself. This happens every 2 or 3 reboots, and the admin accounts appear at the logon screen. Before the refresh it booted to my log on. Now it boots to a list...