Windows 10: Reset administrator for windows 10

Discus and support Reset administrator for windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Accidental removal of the administrator account caused a problem with making changes including adding a new admin, updating, installations and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tha teknicality, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Reset administrator for windows 10

Accidental removal of the administrator account caused a problem with making changes including adding a new admin, updating, installations and removals, and changing a current user to admin. Including adding a new administrator. Looked online to find a solution, however, the ability to run CMD as admin is not an option. Also entering the net user administrator /active: yes command gives an error 5 response.

Any solutions?

:)

tha teknicality, Dec 7, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Reset administrator for windows 10

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Reset administrator for windows 10

1. Reset administrator for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset administrator

2. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  3. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  4. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I cant run exe files, reset the laptop, or run as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files, reset the laptop, or run as administrator: I don't know what the password for the account is because I got the laptop from a friend and lost contact with him. The laptop never lets me open exe files because it says I don't have the appropriate permissions to access them And if i try to reset the pc it doesn't open the...
  6. I cant run exe files, reset the laptop, or run as administrator

I cant run exe files, reset the laptop, or run as administrator: I don't know what the password for the account is because I got the laptop from a friend and lost contact with him. The laptop never lets me open exe files because it says I don't have the appropriate permissions to access them And if i try to reset the pc it doesn't open the...
  7. I cant run exe files, reset the laptop, or run as administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  9. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  10. How to I change my system administrator password in Windows 11 on my desktop when the reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I change my system administrator password in Windows 11 on my desktop when the reset...: Change system password as an administrator me in Windows 11 on my desktop computer when the reset password link is not working. Also, the start button is not showing up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regain administrator rights windows 10

2. restore administrator privileges after an accidental removal