Windows 10: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Odd. If you like, you might see if a repair install can sort it for you without losing anything. *Arrow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bastet, May 9, 2017.

1. tracit99 Win User

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

tracit99, Jul 14, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Do they work properly for other accounts on the PC?

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  3. tracit99 Win User
    No unfortunately they do not.

tracit99, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Did you do anything to disable Content Delivery or Telemetry? Doing so may cause this as a side effect.

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    I did not knowingly. I never remove any Windows apps and I do not tinker with telemetry. This build 16232 was upgraded from a clean installed of build 16199. I noticed from the beginning that something was never quite right with 16199. In the Task Manager Service Host usually has 16 to 24 items grouped together, but that is not the case in 16199 or the upgraded 16232. So I think it is time for a clean install of 16232.

I found the problem with Slideshow which was Windows Search service was disabled. I did that and I had forgotten that it is required for Slideshow to work.

tracit99, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's a start for the slideshow option.

I read that some folks reported having Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing checked in Visual Effects fixed the Windows Spotlight black screen issue. You might give it a try to see if it may for you as well.

Brink, Jul 15, 2017
  7. tracit99 Win User
    Hello Shawn,

Yeah when I started the Windows Search Service that fixed the Slideshow issue. I did a clean install of 16232 and Spotlight behaves the same as it did in my original 16232. Once I switch to Picture and back Spotlight I never get any image back. Just a never ending spinning circle. So I don't know what is going on.

The grouping of the Task Manager items is normal on 16199 and 16232. The grouping I was not seeing was because the system had not run long enough. So I am back to my original 16232 thanks to Macrium Reflect. I will just live with the way Spotlight is for now.

tracit99, Jul 15, 2017
  8. lepa71 Win User

I'm having similar issue. I can only get one image to show up. Airplane with red wing. I have tried everything and no go. I'm on 10.0.15063 Pro.

Any suggestions?

lepa71, Oct 23, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 23, 2017
  10. lepa71 Win User
    I don't get any spotlight images. There no "Like it" or "Not fan" links at all on lock screen. Also. the "Asset" folder is completely empty.

lepa71, Oct 23, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Do you have a metered connection? If so, turn it off for a while and see what happens (it shouldn't take long for some 'assets' to appear). Spotlight will not download photos over a metered connection. Once it has downloaded some you can turn metered connections back on - Spotlight will work, but may quickly run out of new photos (then you can turn metering off again for a while).

12. lepa71 Win User
    Nope. I checked. No metered connections here.

lepa71, Oct 23, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just to verify, are you testing this on the lock screen when you lock (Win+L) the computer, and not at startup?

Personally, I've always found Windows Spotlight to be a bit buggy and not always change often or include the tips and such on it.

Brink, Oct 23, 2017
  14. lepa71 Win User
    Yes, I'm testing on lock screen win+L. I don't think it's working at all. There is no sign of it on lock screen.

lepa71, Oct 23, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset register Spotlight

2. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  3. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  4. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?: Hello!I really liked the picture I was shown in my lock screen, but I am worried that I might have accidentally clicked the thumbs-down when I was just trying to sign in. Is there a way to reset my preferences in this regard? Thanks!...
  6. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...
  7. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  8. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...