Windows 10: Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10

How to: Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10

How to Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10

Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images from Bing each day and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. Windows Spotlight is available in all desktop editions of Windows 10.

Windows Spotlight fun facts, tips, tricks, and suggestions will only show on the signed in, and will not show on the lock screen at startup.

When you lock the computer (Win+L), you can click on the Like what you see? link on the Windows Spotlight lock screen background image to rate it with I like it or Not a fan.
    • I like it = Keep showing you more images like the current one.
    • Not a fan = Switch to a new image.
    This tutorial will show you how to rate and send feedback on Windows Spotlight lock screen background images for your account in Windows 10.

Tip Configure Windows Spotlight on the lock screen | Microsoft Docs

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Rate "I like it" for Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Background Image
    • Option Two: To Rate "Not a fan" for Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Background Image

OPTION ONE [/i] To Rate "I like it" for Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Background Image
    1. Lock the computer (Win+L) to see the current Windows Spotlight image on your lock screen.

2. Click/tap on the Like what you see? link towards the top right corner. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the I like it link. (see screenshot below)

Note If you have already rated this image, then you will see step 4 below instead.

4. You will now see a "Thanks for sending us feedback" message. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Rate "Not a fan" for Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Background Image
    1. Lock the computer (Win+L) to see the current Windows Spotlight image on your lock screen.

2. Click/tap on the Like what you see? link towards the top right corner. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Not a fan link. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see a "Thanks for sending us feedback" message. (see screenshot below)

5. Your Windows Spotlight background image will now change to a new one. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 14, 2017

2. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows spotlight images (Lock screen)

This is really dumb, but if you are like me and use spotlight for your windows lock screen images, I actually tend to like some of them alot. They rotate it seems every few days but it doesn't seem to delete them as often as it gets new ones.

With that said I couldnt find anything similar online so I made a script that would pull the files from the folder buried in app data that keeps the files. They dont have an extension normally so I append the JPG extension too them.

I create a folder on your desktop called spotlight and copy the files too it then run the conversion.

I didn't spend forever on this so be nice but otherwise;

Enjoy

Code for the crazies:
    Spoiler Code: @Echo off title Spotlight Image Converter cls :checkPrivileges :: Check for Admin by accessing protected stuff. This calls net(#).exe and can stall if we don't kill it later. NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto menu) else ( goto getPrivileges ) :getPrivileges :: Write vbs in temp to call batch as admin. if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto menu) for /f "delims=: tokens=*" %%A in ('findstr /b ::- "%~f0"') do @Echo(%%A setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion set "batchPath=%~0" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion Echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" Echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" exit /B :menu Echo Windows 10 Lock screen image converter Echo. Echo Brought to you by Solaris17 of TPU Echo. Echo This will make a folder on your desktop called "Spotlight" Echo. Echo It will copy the lockscreen images to the folder then convert them to JPEG format. Echo. Echo Let me know when you are ready. Echo. Pause goto copy :copy @echo off CLS Echo. Echo Converting and copy in progress... Echo. mkdir %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight > nul 2>&1 timeout 5 >nul robocopy %userprofile%\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight /copyall /E > nul 2>&1 ren %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\* *.jpg > nul 2>&1 Echo Done!! Echo. pause[/quote]

Solaris17, Oct 26, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

swarfega, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Dave1776 Win User
    Windows lock screen background images

Thanks found the photo I was looking for in the list that app got!

Dave1776, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Rate Windows Spotlight Background Images on Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rate Spotlight Background

2. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !: i had an issue with the lock screen background, every thing was normal and straight before i decided to try the windows spotlight on my lock screen background, when i did it the windows spotlight is working fine, but when i decided to return back to the normal picture mode,...
  3. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !: i had an issue with the lock screen background, every thing was normal and straight before i decided to try the windows spotlight on my lock screen background, when i did it the windows spotlight is working fine, but when i decided to return back to the normal picture mode,...
  4. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  6. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image: Dear Sir, I found some descriptive mistake in northern coast of Madagascar. Original text "This wide bay on the northern coast of Madagascar is a breeding ground for thousands of humpback whaleswho winter in the warmwaters of the Indian Ocean. The coral reefs, estuaries,...
  8. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  9. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  10. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight lock screen image location: Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock...