Windows 10: Reset App in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; sfc /scannow runs fine. I was hoping someone could advise me of the commands to reset a single offending app. I''ll try the reset function after 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

sfc /scannow runs fine. I was hoping someone could advise me of the commands to reset a single offending app. I''ll try the reset function after 2nd Aug then create a new user account of that doesn't work. I know a clean install is the way to go but it takes so much time to sort out.

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Steve,

You can use the command below in a command prompt to reset only the "Get Started" app. *Smile

Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *getstarted*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote]

Brink, Jul 9, 2016
  3. jk22 Win User
    I cant see advance options on Calculator in Windows 10 app and features list.

Reset App in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset App in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  5. jk22 Win User
    It will only reset the custom size and issues of calculator ? I hope it wont corrupt windows ?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No. It will only reinstall and re-register the Calculator app.

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  7. jk22 Win User
    Fixed. *Smile

8. Reset App in Windows 10

This tutorial is incorrect. on Windows 10 Pro, there is no 'apps and features' in settings. I even tried the 'search for a setting' and it still does not show up.

Ornithophilia, Mar 13, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello,

Please check to see if the note under step 1 may apply to you. *Smile

Brink, Mar 13, 2017
  10. magilla Win User
    @Brink, my People app will not function. On original windows anniversary edition, it worked but would not populate. I did a reset on it and since then, it has not worked--will not stay open, just flashes on and off. I upgraded to creators version hoping that People would work again. No such luck, still same problem. Any advice? Store says its installed and that's all.

magilla, May 6, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 6, 2017
  12. magilla Win User
    Tried these - to no avail. got error message and tried to send to you but the reply button will not work to insert a clip.

magilla, May 6, 2017
  13. magilla Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

@Brink - this is error message I received when I tried using people code.

magilla, May 6, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 6, 2017
  15. magilla Win User

Brink - here is result of the 'reinstall and re-register apps in windows 10' as above. Still have no people functioning

magilla, May 6, 2017
Thema:

Reset App in Windows 10

1. Reset App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset App

2. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  3. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  4. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  6. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  7. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  8. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  9. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?