Windows 10: Reset App in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; In that case, you could try doing a repair install to fix it. While you will not lose anything, be sure to read the red warning box for affected items.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset App in Windows 10

Brink, May 6, 2017
  2. magilla Win User
    magilla, May 6, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 6, 2017
  4. magilla Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

magilla, May 7, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Well, as a test, if you create a new account on the PC, does the People app work properly while signed in to that account?

Brink, May 7, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Do you have contacts all synced with Mail, Calendar and People through various accounts?

Edwin, May 7, 2017
  7. magilla Win User
    I did have, and do have on all other computers. Even on my test computers People works without problems. As I indicated to Brink, when I first got this new computer, People opened as usual but would not populate, so I did a reset on this in app list. From that point, People reset took the program into a state of not staying open.

magilla, May 7, 2017
  8. magilla Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

I created a non-MS account and logged into that --- same thing.

magilla, May 7, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    May need to refresh or reset Windows then. *Sad

Brink, May 7, 2017
  10. magilla Win User
    Brink - I upgraded to Windows Creators version via download assistant. Then I created a ISO disc from windows download to try to deal with my People missing problem. The disc from Windows for this issue does not contain an WIM file. I ran DISM, found errors that are correctable according to the program. However, using the DISM syntax used before doesn't work. Before I ran DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:WIM:E: \Sources \Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
    Since there is no Install.wim it doesn't work. Do you know any way to run DISM using this disc downloaded from Microsoft to correct my errors? OR can I use the previous disc from Windows Anniversary Edition?
    PS - sfc /scannow found nothing.

magilla, May 7, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 7, 2017
  12. magilla Win User
    I did have an INSTALL.ESD file on my computer. I tried to create an iso from it --- didn't work and in fact made it impossible to remove the ISOCREATOR folder from computer. The install.esd could not be recognized by DISM as a valid source either. HOWEVER, in order to deal with the ISOCREATOR that would not be removed, I restored my Macrium backup which I made just before I started this round. Upon restoring the backup, I checked the People program again, wouldn't stay open, went to the Windows settings Apps, clicked on 'reset' button. When I opened People again, it was fully populated and working!!! Well, I know I still have a problem based on DISM, but it will stay a problem for a while. Thanks again for all your suggestions and time reviewing my posts.

magilla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reset App in Windows 10

1. Reset App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset App

2. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  3. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  4. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  6. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  7. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  8. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  9. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?