Windows 10: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

Discus and support Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows How to Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

How to: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

How to Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly to a destination in the navigation pane.

You can adjust the width of the navigation pane in File Explorer by dragging its right border to the left or right for the width you want. This is a global setting that gets applied to all explorer windows in only your user account.

This tutorial will show you how to reset the width of the navigation pane in explorer back to default for your account in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .reg file below in this tutorial deletes the PageSpaceControlSizer binary value in the registry key below to reset the navigation pane width.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer

EXAMPLE: Navigation Pane default width in File Explorer

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below.
    *Arrow Reset_Navigation_Pane_width_in_explorer.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. If you currently have File Explorer (Windows 8 or Windows 10) or Windows Explorer (Vista or Windows 7) open, then close and reopen or navigate to another folder to apply.

6. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  2. JJG10 Win User

increasing the width of File Exporer's Navigation Pane

OK, now on to the second question of the day.

The width of the Navigation Pane of File Explorer needs to be increase so that I can see the complete entries -- they show only about 9 or 10 characters. Many of the names contain more that that. Is there any way I can widen the pane without changing the font size?

Thank you.

JJG10, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. Jerry8AB Win User

Pane Spacing and Width - File Explorer

Pane Spacing and Width

When I open my Documents folder, the left pane shows my File Explorer listings and the right pane list my documents.

Is there a method to decrease the width of my right pane and increase the width of my left pane?

Thanks,

Jerry

4/29/17

Jerry8AB, Oct 26, 2019
  5. theMucker Win User
    Navigation Pane Icon Size

Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in the folder pane or on the desktop, but these changes don't seem to affect the icons in the navigation pane of Explorer. I have folders of photos and can assign a photo from within the folder as it's icon, but it's too small to make-out.

theMucker, Oct 26, 2019
  6. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows - Similar Threads - Reset Navigation Pane

2. Changing the width of the Navigation Pane in File Explorer win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the width of the Navigation Pane in File Explorer win 11: In the newest version of file explorer the Navigation Pane far left column in File Explorer has been shrunk to a small width. As a result, folder names are cut off half way, and its made navigation to file difficult.In previous versions you could fix that by simply dragging...
  3. Changing the width of the Navigation Pane in File Explorer win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the width of the Navigation Pane in File Explorer win 11: In the newest version of file explorer the Navigation Pane far left column in File Explorer has been shrunk to a small width. As a result, folder names are cut off half way, and its made navigation to file difficult.In previous versions you could fix that by simply dragging...
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. How to reset File Explorer Navigation Pane width to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset File Explorer Navigation Pane width to default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you changed the navigation pane width in File Explorer on Windows 10, and you want to now get it back to the default width, […] This article How to reset File Explorer Navigation Pane width to default in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. increasing the width of File Exporer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the width of File Exporer's Navigation Pane: OK, now on to the second question of the day. The width of the Navigation Pane of File Explorer needs to be increase so that I can see the complete entries -- they show only about 9 or 10 characters. Many of the names contain more that that. Is there any way I can widen...
  8. Navigation Pane Icon Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Icon Size: Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in the folder pane or on the desktop, but these changes don't seem to affect the icons in the navigation pane of Explorer. I have...
  9. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888
  10. Reset Details and Preview Pane Width Size in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Details and Preview Pane Width Size in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Reset Details and Preview Pane Width Size in Windows 8 and 10 How to Reset Details and Preview Pane Width Size to Default in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Information The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to increase font in window exporer screen