Windows 10: Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night

Discus and support Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am in need of help because Windows 10 pro 64 bit crashed on my Asus ROG FX553VD laptop last night, and after resetting, it is now limited 1024 x 768... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BevAG, Jun 23, 2019.

1. BevAG Win User

Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night

I am in need of help because Windows 10 pro 64 bit crashed on my Asus ROG FX553VD laptop last night, and after resetting, it is now limited 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 resolution. I can't play my games now. What can I do? I am 6 months out of warranty with Asus already. I would be very grateful for a little help. I had a sleepless night last night having done hundreds of searches for help using my browser, but no real help there. I tried installing the Nvidia DCH driver for my Nvidia Geforce 1050 graphics multiple times for my graphics card because I found a couple articles that said that was how I could obtain the full Nvidia Control Panel enabling me to get the right resolution, but despite trying many, many times that just did not work for me. Please can somebody help me with this problem? I feel like a worn-out exhausted old Sad Sack now, but I will smile and laugh again if when I wake up tomorrow and check, and see that somebody has given me a solution! I am on Windows Pro 64 bit 1803.

:)

BevAG, Jun 23, 2019
  2. xBruce88x Win User

Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Jun 23, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night

1. Reset of Win 10 Pro went wrong last night - Similar Threads - Reset Pro went

2. My win 11 update went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win 11 update went wrong.: My win 11 update went wrong. Cant get laptop to boot, says windows couldn't start properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win-11-update-went-wrong/84575013-7aae-43ba-b739-4f4b0afb9750
  3. My win 11 update went wrong.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My win 11 update went wrong.: My win 11 update went wrong. Cant get laptop to boot, says windows couldn't start properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win-11-update-went-wrong/84575013-7aae-43ba-b739-4f4b0afb9750
  4. Windows 11 factory reset went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 factory reset went wrong: Yesterday i started a factory reset to my MSI laptop with Windows 11 on it but it was stuck at 99% for 1 day almost. So i decided to click the power on button for 10 seconds but now the laptop doesn't even boot. When i try to boot it i hear a sound from the fans or something...
  5. Windows 11 factory reset went wrong

Windows 11 factory reset went wrong: Yesterday i started a factory reset to my MSI laptop with Windows 11 on it but it was stuck at 99% for 1 day almost. So i decided to click the power on button for 10 seconds but now the laptop doesn't even boot. When i try to boot it i hear a sound from the fans or something...
  6. Reset went wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset went wrong: My pc was having issues so I decided and ran cloud reset but due sudden power cut it went wrong then i upgrade my pc using media creation tool. After fews days pc slowed down drastically and also it was unable to run sfc and dism commands. Additionally there was a problem...
  7. Win 10 laptop reset for school went horribly wrong. (pls help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 laptop reset for school went horribly wrong. (pls help): I bought a HP Pavilion x360 a week ago and imp currently trying to update my system to a Windows 10 Education Edition. I've set up the System as per they requested and it restarted my laptop. When I turned it back on, the laptop wanted me to reset my password when I did not...
  8. “Soft Reset” since last night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Soft Reset” since last night: Okay, so, Last night I turned off my computer before I turned in for sleep as usual. There was no waiting updates, or anything of the kind AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. I wake up an hour ago, because I have trouble sleeping, and turn on my computer and all my desktop icons are all...
  9. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?: I have HP laptop. It has Win 10 Pro 64bit installed in it. From last few days the camera app is not working back then it worked fine. When I open the app, it shows "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected & not being used by another app." I have no other app...
  10. Went back to Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Went back to Win 7 pro: went back to 7pro, too many bugs in 10. 1. does not let my Norton AV update, updates fail, norton uninstalled & re installed which worked until I shut comp down problem tthen reappears. I uninstalled two more times with the same problem. 2. Could not open my office 2010...