Windows 10: Reset SWindows 10

Discus and support Reset SWindows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to restore my Windows 10 PC back to factory defaults by selecting remove everything, (the recycle this PC option) will i need to reactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaydan Harvey, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Reset SWindows 10

I want to restore my Windows 10 PC back to factory defaults by selecting remove everything, (the recycle this PC option) will i need to reactivate Windows after I have done so?

:)

Jaydan Harvey, Mar 8, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Reset SWindows 10

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Reset SWindows 10

1. Reset SWindows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset SWindows

2. Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting: After installation of the June 2024 update, my Lenovo Thinkpad x1 could not log me in with my face or my pin. It required a password which I am not sure what it was. My microsoft password did not work as well. I tried everything and got access to troubleshooting menu. I tried...
  3. Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting: After installation of the June 2024 update, my Lenovo Thinkpad x1 could not log me in with my face or my pin. It required a password which I am not sure what it was. My microsoft password did not work as well. I tried everything and got access to troubleshooting menu. I tried...
  4. After resetting TPM, Windows 10 no longer recognises ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting TPM, Windows 10 no longer recognises ethernet adapter: After upgrading the GPU in my system, on starting up a message appeared about TPM settings changing due to hardware changes and asking whether I wanted to rest the TPM.As I didn't have any of the security features in use that the TPM is used for I selected the option to...
  5. After resetting TPM, Windows 10 no longer recognises ethernet adapter

After resetting TPM, Windows 10 no longer recognises ethernet adapter: After upgrading the GPU in my system, on starting up a message appeared about TPM settings changing due to hardware changes and asking whether I wanted to rest the TPM.As I didn't have any of the security features in use that the TPM is used for I selected the option to...
  6. After resetting TPM, Windows 10 no longer recognises ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Start menu keeps popping up and resetting my windows didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu keeps popping up and resetting my windows didn't help: I have a surface pro 3 with windows 10 on it. I'm not sure which build I was using as I tried resetting my system. Out of nowhere, without installing any new programs or anything, start menu kept popping open and I tried every solution without success. It was specially...
  8. Start menu keeps popping up and resetting my windows didn't help

Start menu keeps popping up and resetting my windows didn't help: I have a surface pro 3 with windows 10 on it. I'm not sure which build I was using as I tried resetting my system. Out of nowhere, without installing any new programs or anything, start menu kept popping open and I tried every solution without success. It was specially...
  9. Start menu keeps popping up and resetting my windows didn't help

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Performed reset PC as per your advise! Now I can’t access my account. Give me back my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performed reset PC as per your advise! Now I can’t access my account. Give me back my account: I forgotten my password and my alternate email or phone is no longer active. i need to have access with that account cause it's connected to my social media accounts. I tried to answer the account recovery page but it says insufficient information was provided. This is...