Windows 10: Reset to earlier point

Discus and support Reset to earlier point in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have lost the ability to open the Start Menu, I call it the Apps screen, and wondered if it would help to restore to an earlier date and how do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jackman33, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Reset to earlier point

I have lost the ability to open the Start Menu, I call it the Apps screen, and wondered if it would help to restore to an earlier date and how do that in Win 10.

:)

Jackman33, Jul 21, 2016

2. Cannot restore system to earlier point

Answer-by-number:

1. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

2. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

3. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

5. What OS Build of Windows 10 Version 1607 (I assume) is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

6. Was Win10 Anniversary Update offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

7. Have you encountered any further "Black Screens of Death" after installing an update since 16 Sept-16?

8. I see you've resolved (at least for now)
    the "hidden" Downloads folder issue
    . Any idea how it got hidden in the first place and/or when it was first hidden?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 21, 2016
  3. BlueXL Win User
    Cannot restore system to earlier point

Hi,

I got an issue with my computer and I would like to fix it by restoring my computer to an earlier point, but no matter what I try, I just cannot do it. I tried doing it from safe mode and it also gives the same error message. I also tried choosing a different
    point but it still give the same error message, can anyone helpe me fix this problem?

The error message is exactly like this one:

Reset to earlier point [​IMG]

Help me this issue has been driving me crazy, I would be grateful if anyone can help me solve this! Thanks!

BlueXL, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Reset to earlier point

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Reset to earlier point

1. Reset to earlier point - Similar Threads - Reset earlier point

2. Earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Earlier restore point: Can I create an earlier restore point then that is currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earlier-restore-point/191c20d1-7257-4298-b412-a4d033e22b85
  3. Restore to earlier restore point impossible

Restore to earlier restore point impossible: Error Message: System restore was not successful. The computer's system files and settings have not been changed. Details: The file C: \ Users \ Reima \ iCloudDrive could not be extracted from the restore point. Unknown system restore failure. 0x8007045b...
  4. reset windows to earlier setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset windows to earlier setting: how do I reset windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-to-earlier-setting/0e705dcd-6e7c-41d7-87e0-316865fc7b91
  5. restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10: I needed to install a Windows ipod driver, and did not go to the correct website, and downloaded and installed software, now I cannot get iTunes to run. I need to restore my computer to the point before I installed the software. I've done it a few years back, but forgot...
  6. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...
  7. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...
  8. System Reset to Earlier Date

System Reset to Earlier Date: I restarted my PC, and when windows opened all my icons and task bars were missing giving me no access to my e-mail site excel etc etc. The only icons on the front screen were the normal windows. Any suggestion?...
  9. reset to earlier windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reset to earlier windows 10: because of missing camera Microsoft tech support person told me to "reset" my laptop to earlier version. i need to know what will happen, what earlier version of windows 10 is she referring?...
  10. Windows update removes earlier restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows update removes earlier restore points: Some earlier automatic Windows 10 updates removed all my earlier restore points and set the protection settings of the C: disk off. The recent Windows 10 update (Jan 29) again removed all my earlier restore points. This time the protection setting of my C: disk was still on,...