Windows 10: Reset update components

Discus and support Reset update components in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been suggesting the use of the following script to reset the update components. Code: @ECHO OFF echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dc3of4, Jul 12, 2017.

1. dc3of4 Win User

Reset update components

I have been suggesting the use of the following script to reset the update components.

Code: @ECHO OFF echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update echo. PAUSE echo. attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop wuauserv net stop CryptSvc net stop BITS ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader" downloader.old net Start BITS net start CryptSvc net start wuauserv echo. echo Task completed successfully... echo. PAUSE[/quote] It had been suggested that line 12 was incorrect and that it should be the following.

Code: ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old[/quote] Can someone please confirm whether this change in the script is correct or not?

:)

dc3of4, Jul 12, 2017
  2. SioBabble Win User

Resetting Windows update components

OK, list broken. I leave the question of why a broken article remains in the knowledge base to the imagination of the reader. I've run the Windows Update troubleshooter and get different results every time I use it, but my problem remains; Windows Update
    keeps failing, I can't install NVIDIA drivers (which may be because the updates fail). I've tried a manual Windows update and that fails. I've even tried a clean installation of Win 10, that fails. Mind you, most of Windows is still functioning, but I'm
    at my wits end on this. The only solution seems to be to nuke the hard drive and install Windows from CD/Thumb Drive/IOS. Wait, can't do the thumb drive...the USB driver for that is missing, and can't be found!

This is frankly insane. If it's bitrot, why can't Microsoft come up with a tool to solve that particular problem...go in and replace completely the Windows Update database...or are there dependencies that make that not feasible? Which leads to the musical
    question why isn't Win more modularized to address this? So many questions...so much frustration. Only brute force seems to be a solution.

SioBabble, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Yumpin Win User
    Resetting Windows Update Components

When I run the batch file, during its processing at the 'Folder Renaming' steps the error 'Access Denied' is echoed to the screen; so the particular step is not being accomplished by the Batch File......

Yumpin, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset update components

Hello dc30f4, *Smile

Line 11 is only for creating a backup copy of the "SoftwareDistribution" folder. It doesn't really matter what you name the backup, but naming it "SoftwareDistribution.old" instead would make it easier to know what it's for.

If you like, I have a script in the tutorial below that will perform a more thorough reset of Windows Update.

*Arrow Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Brink, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

Reset update components

1. Reset update components - Similar Threads - Reset update components

2. How to : reset windows update components in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to : reset windows update components in windows: اسم الجهاز DESKTOP-D4FQ3BJ المعالج 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz ذاكرة RAM المثبتة ‏‏16.0 غيغابايت ‏‏15.7 غيغابايت مستخدم معرف الجهاز 035CE165-4BB9-45A5-8E82-B009169ECDF6 معرّف المنتج 00330-53359-63871-AAOEM نوع النظام نظام تشغيل بإصدار 64 بت ومعالج...
  3. How to : reset windows update components in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to : reset windows update components in windows: اسم الجهاز DESKTOP-D4FQ3BJ المعالج 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz ذاكرة RAM المثبتة ‏‏16.0 غيغابايت ‏‏15.7 غيغابايت مستخدم معرف الجهاز 035CE165-4BB9-45A5-8E82-B009169ECDF6 معرّف المنتج 00330-53359-63871-AAOEM نوع النظام نظام تشغيل بإصدار 64 بت ومعالج...
  4. HOW to reset windows update components in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW to reset windows update components in windows: HOW to reset windows update components in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-update-components-in-windows/a6acbb29-e6f0-4784-aaac-633672a95144
  5. How to reset Windows update components

How to reset Windows update components: I have been suffering from some complex problem with my pc. Could not be able to fix such as low memory space, automatically restart the pc itself etc. So i would like to update my Windows 10 but whenever updating windows it creats an error. So i think before doing this i...
  6. Cannot update Windows Components

Cannot update Windows Components: Hello everyone! When I was trying to install windows updates I encountered the following error: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 (KB4486153) - Error 0x80070006 Then I tried to reset windows update components manually, during that process...
  7. Failure to Repair Windows Update Components

Failure to Repair Windows Update Components: I've had issues trying to get windows to update to the 1803 service pack. After another round of the update installing and restarting my computer, only for it to hang on restart until it undoes the update, I decided to try and troubleshoot the problem to see if I could get it...
  8. Introducing Component Firmware Update

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Component Firmware Update: The Microsoft Devices Team is excited to announce the release of an open-source model for Component Firmware Update for Windows system developers – Component Firmware Update(CFU). With CFU, you can easily deliver firmware updates for through Windows Update by using CFU...
  9. Windows update components

Windows update components: Can you please help me resolving this, I tried trouble shooter for windows update so many times but doesnt fix this problem. This is the problem that I encountered.! What should I do?[ATTACH]...
  10. Updating Component Registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Component Registration: Hello, I'm having the issue where installs don't work, but just get stuck on Updating component registration. On Windows 7 to fix this you had to remove update KB2918614, but now I can't find a way to do it as that update is not longer around. Is there a new update that...