Windows 10: Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

Discus and support Reset WIN10 SERVICES ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Ive recently acquired / bought a "new" Pc from a retail store - WIN10. WIN10 HOME. Version 10.0.17763 build 17763 64 bit system my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gordonisnz, May 30, 2020.

1. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

Hello. Ive recently acquired / bought a "new" Pc from a retail store - WIN10.

WIN10 HOME. Version 10.0.17763 build 17763

64 bit system

my internet speed is VERY fast - 90-100 MBPS speed (i can watch 5 movies at once with no problems.. though i'm only watching 1 TV show now, & i dont have 5 devices)

HOWEVER my new win10 PC is VERY slow.

1) put a search term in the http bar at the top of the browser - this goes to google search
    2) I wait... wait... wait..
    3) i get up, go to the front door - look outside
    4) Pc is STILL loading up the google search page (blank screen now)
    5) I go to the kitchen, get a drink
    6) I come back to the PC/lounge - get fly spray & try & unsuccessfully kill a bothersome pest

Google is STILL loading

7) I go to the loo.. Come back & now the page is "nearly" loaded - but still finishing off. (after 5-10 minutes).

Im looking at the TASK MANAGER & see dozens/dozens of 'services'..

QUESTION: Is there a quick way to "reset" the services to remove them all, except the bare minimum to make the PC work ?

and then - ASK me - if i want to add more services - EG - for processes that i want/need.. Im guessing that 1 or more of the services is making the PC slow.

EDIT: Ive found this thread & exported a file with all my services. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

Will this be useful ? I can post it here but its very long...

EDIT 2:- Batch Scripts / Programs.

Ive run the batch programme - Find ANY Problem Devices . . . - No problems found.

:)

gordonisnz, May 30, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 30, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 30, 2020
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

1. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ? - Similar Threads - Reset WIN10 SERVICES

2. Win10 Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset Issues: Hello, I have an HP computer that was having issues, so I decided to do a blanket reset of the device. However, it has booted up after the reset, but is frozen at a screen with an HP logo and no cursor. There is no swirling dots, and it has been like this for hours....
  3. reset win10

reset win10: Tôi đã có vấn đề cài đặt lại Windows 10, tôi đã cố gắng tải về các cửa sổ cập nhật trợ lý https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win10/c646ec0a-2be0-4bf1-8bb4-25fad7349134
  4. What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10,: Hi, Hope you can help, I've Just been looking on Services, On my Win10, Version 20H2, and Noticed some Strange Services I've never seen before, I need to know if these are apart of MS, Win,10 running Normal services, These are the Display names I've found on services...
  5. Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?

Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?: My laptop is running Windows 10. My laptop is a registered device on my online Microsoft account and it shows that it is running Windows 10 Home. It was purchased with Windows 7. The Factory Reset partition contains Windows 7. I would like to give away/sell this old...
  6. Reset services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset services: how to fully reset services in my windows 10 ? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-services/9d0500a9-0642-41aa-a327-f069264da04e
  7. Audio service issue WIN10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio service issue WIN10: So there's no sound on my computer ever. the only temporary fix is stopping the audio service and restarting the computer which only gives it back temporarily before it crashes again. another strange thing is usually how long the audio service is stopped before the restart is...
  8. Win10 factory reset

Win10 factory reset: I updated to win10 when it was offered for free. I want to do a factory reset, but keep my Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win10-factory-reset/849b8cde-1c51-44a5-9d6d-a7b860acfb8a
  9. Win10 clock wrong, Windows Time service resetting itself to manual

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 clock wrong, Windows Time service resetting itself to manual: Hi! It's certainly no news, but here is my Windows 10 clock issue. I have done my homework and read about the already known problem, and attempted to fix it. I have 3 computers with Windows 10 on them here. The clock on 1 of them, Asus ROG, runs flawlessly without tweaking....
  10. Reset Win10: unable to reset?

Reset Win10: unable to reset?: We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset". How can we reset windows 10? 75152