Windows 10: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

Discus and support Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows A service is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Admin, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Admin
    Admin Administrator Staff Member

Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

How to: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services provide core operating system features, such as Web serving, event logging, file serving, printing, cryptography, and error reporting.

This tutorial will show you how to export a list of running and stopped services to a file in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Command Prompt

*note For more Sc query command usage options, see: Sc query | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command you want to use below into the command prompt, and press Enter.

(For all running and stopped services)
    sc query type= service state= all > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\All_Services.txt"

OR

(For all running services)
    sc query type= service > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Running_Services.txt"

OR

(For all stopped services)
    sc query type= service state= inactive > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Stopped_Services.txt"
    3. You will now have a text file on your desktop with the list of all currently running and/or stopped services.

OPTION TWO [/i] Export List of Running and Stopped Services in PowerShell

*note For more Get-Service command usage options, see: Get-Service | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open Windows PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command you want to use below into PowerShell, and press Enter.

(For all running and stopped services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\All_Services.txt"

(For all running and stopped services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\All_Services.csv"

OR

(For all running services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Running"} | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Running_Services.txt"

(For all running services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Running"} | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Running_Services.csv"

OR

(For all stopped services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"} | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Stopped_Services.txt"

(For all stopped services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"} | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Stopped_Services.csv"
    3. You will now have a .txt or .csv file on your desktop with the list of all currently running and/or stopped services.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Admin, Nov 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    services running none stop win 10

Hi William,

If you can't run service.msc, you can end running services using Task Manager. To know how, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type task manager and select Task Manager on the list.
    • Click the More details drop-down arrow.
    • Select all the apps you want to stop on the list.
    • Click End task.

After doing so, try doing a scan again and see if issue will persist.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

1. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows - Similar Threads - Export List Running

2. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows: I want to export the data in the different columns in the windows menu "programs and features" as seen in the picture in the link below. It's also possible to display other columns about each install by pressing "more..." in the drop down menu.LINK:...
  3. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows: I want to export the data in the different columns in the windows menu "programs and features" as seen in the picture in the link below. It's also possible to display other columns about each install by pressing "more..." in the drop down menu.LINK:...
  4. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  6. Win11 Spooler service stops running

Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  7. running sfc /scannow and not seeing windows resource protection listed in services

running sfc /scannow and not seeing windows resource protection listed in services: I was having issues with running sfc /scannow and the one service that I didn't see listed in services was windows resource protection service. So I proceeded to do a repair install and for the first time ever I got messaged that the changes that were made were being...
  8. running sfc /scannow and not seeing windows resource protection listed in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running sfc /scannow and not seeing windows resource protection listed in services: I was having issues with running sfc /scannow and the one service that I didn't see listed in services was windows resource protection service. So I proceeded to do a repair install and for the first time ever I got messaged that the changes that were made were being...
  9. How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows has tons of Services running in the background, and while they are available in the Services Snap-in, if you want to extract the list […] This article How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  10. export contact list

export contact list: Can't export contact list from people app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-contact-list/ee2e1d41-a6e9-4382-a368-aa7fbcedbc00