Windows 10: Reset Win10: unable to reset?

Discus and support Reset Win10: unable to reset? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 3DPiper, Jan 17, 2017.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Reset Win10: unable to reset?

We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend.
    But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset".
    How can we reset windows 10?

:)

3DPiper, Jan 17, 2017
  2. John Zab Win User

Computer reset, unable to get win10 to start

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly give us details on the following:

• Did you factory reset your PC?
    • Which steps have you done so far?
    • Are you not able to access the desktop screen?
    We appreciate any response you will provide.

John Zab, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Computer reset, unable to get win10 to start

I've had 17 laptops and 5 desktops in for repair this month that windows 10 has failed on after updating with incorrect drivers, but it actually is a hardware problem in that your manufacturer doesn't support/ offer drivers for systems built prior to 2013,
    but win10 still thinks that they are suitable for it's deployment. Just reinstall your win 8 or win7 and you'll be up and running in no time.

williamsowerby, Jan 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Why not wipe the hard drive and do a clean install?

NavyLCDR, Jan 17, 2017
  5. 3DPiper Win User
    I don't have install disks, it was upgraded during the free period.
    It is on a Surface Pro 2 (not that it matters)

3DPiper, Jan 17, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jan 17, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Win10: unable to reset? - Similar Threads - Reset Win10 unable

2. Win10 Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset Issues: Hello, I have an HP computer that was having issues, so I decided to do a blanket reset of the device. However, it has booted up after the reset, but is frozen at a screen with an HP logo and no cursor. There is no swirling dots, and it has been like this for hours....
  3. reset win10

reset win10: Tôi đã có vấn đề cài đặt lại Windows 10, tôi đã cố gắng tải về các cửa sổ cập nhật trợ lý https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win10/c646ec0a-2be0-4bf1-8bb4-25fad7349134
  4. Unable to restart after Win10 Reset

Unable to restart after Win10 Reset: I have a Surface Studio and yesterday, Win10 did an update on it. After that, my screen was split in half, like Win10 saw half the screen as one monitor and the other half as a second monitor. I was trying to fix it but as I was checking the options, my cat jumped up on my...
  5. Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?

Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?: My laptop is running Windows 10. My laptop is a registered device on my online Microsoft account and it shows that it is running Windows 10 Home. It was purchased with Windows 7. The Factory Reset partition contains Windows 7. I would like to give away/sell this old...
  6. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?: Hello. Ive recently acquired / bought a "new" Pc from a retail store - WIN10. WIN10 HOME. Version 10.0.17763 build 17763 64 bit system my internet speed is VERY fast - 90-100 MBPS speed (i can watch 5 movies at once with no problems.. though i'm only watching 1 TV show...
  7. unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to reset: I just bought a used asus strix labtop.. I am trying to reset the computer, It stops at 1 or 2% everytime I try to reset it. I wont bypass windows using f9, I am trying to refresh it then factory reset now, but im not sure it will do it even then....
  8. Unable to reset Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to reset Windows: It is asking for missing files. I tried to downloaded recover installation files. It didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-windows/ab9443e4-c765-477c-abca-df2625b00850
  9. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?: I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers for Graphics card etc. I'm also including second hard drive for him to use as storage for games/programs ( It is clean) and a...
  10. Win10 factory reset

Win10 factory reset: I updated to win10 when it was offered for free. I want to do a factory reset, but keep my Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win10-factory-reset/849b8cde-1c51-44a5-9d6d-a7b860acfb8a