Windows 10: Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10 How to Restore Missing Default Time Zones in Windows 10 Your PC's clock is used to record the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10

How to: Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10

How to Restore Missing Default Time Zones in Windows 10

Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone.

A time zone is a region that observes a uniform standard time for legal, commercial, and social purposes. Time zones tend to follow the boundaries of countries and their subdivisions because it is convenient for areas in close commercial or other communication to keep the same time.

This tutorial will show you how to restore the default times zones in Windows 10 for when the Change time zone button does not work or you have missing time zones when trying to change the time zone.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to restore the default time zones.

EXAMPLE: Default Time Zones in Windows 10

Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the .reg file below.
    Restore_Windows_10_Default_Time_Zones.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your Desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. restart the computer to apply.

6. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2017

2. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10

1. Restore Default Time Zones in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Default Zones

2. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  3. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  4. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  6. Time Zone

Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  7. Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting

Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting: This is a problem and solution. I noticed my Windows 10 Time Zone was incorrect and any attempt to set the time zone manually through windows settings or in Registry would not hold. It kept reverting back to Eastern when I wanted Mountain. I decided to look at what the...
  8. Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone

Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone: This problem has been going on for over a month now. Back in Dec 2020, I borrowed my brother's modem he's from Brisbane. I live in Victoria. Ever since then, my computer seems to think it is in Brisbane. Even when I set the time manually, after turning my computer off...
  9. Time Zones

Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default

Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default: When I ask Cortana to set alarm for 4 hours it sets the alarm for an hour. Basically it sets alarm as if I were in PST vs EST which I am in. This isn't the first time I've had this issue and I can't fix it myself. Occasionally it works correctly after an update, but I...