Windows 10: restore/refresh

Discus and support restore/refresh in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Perhaps a very obvious question but I don't know the difference: how does "refresh computer" differ from going back to a given restore point? 106623 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pogo, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Pogo Win User

restore/refresh

Perhaps a very obvious question but I don't know the difference: how does "refresh computer" differ from going back to a given restore point?

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

just "refreshed" my Microsoft. Help!!!!

Hi Charles, since Mary has refreshed her PC, System Restore would not be an option, a System Refresh or Reset wipes out all Restore Points . . .

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2018
  3. Windows 8.1, 10 August 12/13 updates have cut access to most of the Internet

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Refer the section” Restore your PC to an earlier point in time” from the following article:

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

The article applies to Windows 10 as well.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

restore/refresh

A simple explanation; restore uses restore points if enabled to restore the computer to a certain point in time before a specific issue was encountered. A refresh or reset, set up the computer (reinstall OS) as it was installed originally with 2 options; first option is to keep all your personal data or 2nd option is to wipe the drive and reset (reinstall OS) with no personal data saved.

Plankton, Mar 22, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

restore/refresh

1. restore/refresh - Similar Threads - restore refresh

2. OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore: I have a subscription with Carbonite so that I can get access to files regardless of device operating system.I bought a new PC with Windows 11. Old PC is also Windows 11 When I tried to restore from Carbonite, OneDrive "moved" files and folders from the original location...
  3. OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore: I have a subscription with Carbonite so that I can get access to files regardless of device operating system.I bought a new PC with Windows 11. Old PC is also Windows 11 When I tried to restore from Carbonite, OneDrive "moved" files and folders from the original location...
  4. Windows 11 System Restore is broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Restore is broken!: I tried to restore sytem to the earlier point in time using W11 System Restore, as the latest updates form Microsoft cause my intel I9 12gen cpu on My MSI GE76 to lock its self to the slowest possible Speed Step. And... System Restore leave all Ms Store apps unregistered,...
  5. Win 10 2004 keeps refreshing and the system is unresponsive. Unable to reset, restore...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 keeps refreshing and the system is unresponsive. Unable to reset, restore...: I downloaded a copy of the movie Get Out from YTS and ever since I opened the file on VLC, my Windows 10 PC keeps refreshing and the system is unresponsive. I guess that’s the folder that’s corrupted. I’m unable to open any application, including windows explorer and run box....
  6. WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....: I am trying to test a full system restore of Windows 10 client backed up using WSE 2016. I have two identical Dell 8930 desktops. One has been doing backups to WSE 2016 for a year. I decided to test a full restore onto the other identical computer. I am booting over the...
  7. Reinstalling mouse after restore/refresh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling mouse after restore/refresh: I recently had to reset my HP Compaq Pro 4300 after which I had keyboard but no mouse it was not showing in devices I have tried numerous ways to get it to work but to no avail can and body help...
  8. how do i restore my microsoft office professional plus 2010 after windows 10 refresh

how do i restore my microsoft office professional plus 2010 after windows 10 refresh: After refresh my windows 10, I noticed my Microsoft office professional plus 2010 also removed. this is very essential tool for me. how do I restore Microsoft office professional plus 2010 in laptop using windows 10....
  9. restore after a refresh

restore after a refresh: I recently reset my laptop and when I opened it there is a folder on the desktop screen that says apps that were removed while resetting your pc and it looks like some of them are potentially important to the effectiveness of my laptop...
  10. Clean install vs refresh or restore

Clean install vs refresh or restore: Back with XP/7 and maybe 8 doing a format and clean install was the prefered way to install an OS or to fix errors I have updated to win10 from 8 which carried over all my previously installed programs, but was considering a clean install via usb and reinstalling all the...