Windows 10: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; That can be a royal pain! *Eek Here's an oldies but classic for Photo Viewer! [img] The scrolling slide presentation feature. *Biggrin Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

That can be a royal pain! *Eek

Here's an oldies but classic for Photo Viewer!

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

The scrolling slide presentation feature. *Biggrin

Night Hawk, Sep 11, 2015
  2. magilla Win User

Brink, I found the tutorial that enabled me to restore the Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10. I had been fond of it in previous versions of Windows and feel that it does a better job as a viewer and a print program when compared to the program that is native to Windows 10. Thank you so very much for this tutorial. Success!!! Again, thank you.

magilla, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Magilla. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

This did not work when first posted but, happy to post that it now works. TY Brink.

lopedoggie, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Hello Brink, thanks for another solution!

Although I have this strange behaviour:
    Now in my options default Apps, I have 2 Windows Photo Viewer entries, 1 with the right icon the other without icon (see picture):

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

How can I clean it?
    Thanks

PowerDrome, Oct 16, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello PowerDrome, *Smile

The .reg file below will clean that up for you. The tutorial has been updated to include this as well now.

Clear_extra_Open_with.reg

Brink, Oct 16, 2015
  7. Thank you Brink, it worked!!!

PowerDrome, Oct 17, 2015
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Brink, can you give me a step by step on this as the images are a bit vague..that or I just havent had enough coffee yet.

xraiderv1, Oct 30, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey mate, *Smile

I'm not sure what you mean by the images being a bit vague. Could you provide more details about what you needed help with?

Brink, Oct 30, 2015
  10. xraiderv1 Win User
    written directions, from step 1 to complete?

my brain is stuck in idiot mode today it seems..

xraiderv1, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I been there a few times. *Wink

Basically, you would just need to do step 2, steps 4-7 to merge the .reg file, then do step 8 to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program. The link in step 8 will show you more details for that.

Please let me know what you need anything more specific for.

Brink, Oct 31, 2015
  12. AbonOOr Win User
    Thank you verrrrrrry much

AbonOOr, Nov 26, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Nov 26, 2015
  14. jpopcorn Win User
    Brink: Thank you! I registered for this forum just to post this thank you. You certainly earned it, and you deserve it. So, again, thank you. Thank Shawn too.

jpopcorn, Nov 27, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help jpopcorn, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Photo Viewer

2. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  3. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  4. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?: I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program to right click on and activate. Frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help....
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099