Windows 10: Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Discus and support Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ultra Male, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find the Windows Photo Viewer in the default apps like I used to. Anyone experienced this lately?

This is the file I used:

Restore Windows Photo Viewer for ALL_USERS.reg

:)

Ultra Male, Apr 13, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 13, 2019
  3. hbenthow Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, Apr 13, 2019
  4. becca Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore - Similar Threads - Restore Photo Viewer

2. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  3. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  4. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  6. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10): hi, I always used the photo viewer as the default viewer for all types of images. windows photos is garbage, i mean, using the scroll wheel for switching to the next image instead of zooming? button to see the image's original size hidden in a menu?? what in heaven? not to...
  7. Photo Viewer not working

Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099
  9. Photo Viewer Restore worked but now color washed out

Photo Viewer Restore worked but now color washed out: Hi, I just restored Windows Photo Viewer successfully. I had done this last July too, when I went from Windows 7 to 10. It worked just fine, but this time, the colors were all washed out in Photo Viewer. I solved this by adjusting my color profile in Windows 10, and the...
  10. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Usually you could use Windows Photo Viewer to view your image files in a variety of ways. You can also print, order prints, attach pictures to an e‑mail message, burn,...