Windows 10: restoring photo's

Discus and support restoring photo's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My previous computer a Lenovo 3 in 1 stopped working some 5 or 6 weeks ago so I purchased a new HP 3 in 1, what I would like to know how do I retrieve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulYates52, Dec 31, 2018.

1. restoring photo's

My previous computer a Lenovo 3 in 1 stopped working some 5 or 6 weeks ago so I purchased a new HP 3 in 1, what I would like to know how do I retrieve my photo's from storage to my new computer. I am sure there is an easy way but not being computer literate I am finding it rather difficult. Whilst setting up the new computer today 31/012/1018 I have seen my photo's but I don't know where and cannot seem to access them now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

PaulYates52, Dec 31, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

restoring photo's [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Dec 31, 2018
  3. becca Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Dec 31, 2018
  4. hbenthow Win User

restoring photo's

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

restoring photo's

1. restoring photo's - Similar Threads - restoring photo's

2. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  3. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  4. how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?: I had a bitcoin lock and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  5. how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?

how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?: I had a bitcoin lock and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  6. How to restore the Photos Legacy app on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Photos Legacy app on Windows: Microsoft launched a new Photos application for Windows some time ago. It replaced the previous version of the Photos app, which Microsoft now calls Photos Legacy. Some features of the legacy app were dropped in the new Photos app. These include video editing features,...
  7. Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7

Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7: I have had troubles with MS Photos opening .jpg & HEIC photos. So I deleted the App and now I can't seem to reinstall the MS Photos App. I tried the Microsoft Store, and not sure what App to install. I tried one and when I tried to install it, up came a notice that said...
  8. Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7: I have had troubles with MS Photos opening .jpg & HEIC photos. So I deleted the App and now I can't seem to reinstall the MS Photos App. I tried the Microsoft Store, and not sure what App to install. I tried one and when I tried to install it, up came a notice that said...
  9. I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...: I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything, even by paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-view-all-files-photos-folders-how/14bd6767-5a15-45b1-9fd4-96968a8dc3d8
  10. I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...

I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...: I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything, even by paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-view-all-files-photos-folders-how/14bd6767-5a15-45b1-9fd4-96968a8dc3d8