Windows 10: Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10

Discus and support Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to restore the Windows Photo Viewer (deleted app) on Windows 10. I removed all pre-installed apps including the Store. I used the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SPeasah, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SPeasah Win User

Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10

I need to restore the Windows Photo Viewer (deleted app) on Windows 10. I removed all pre-installed apps including the Store.

I used the following command from answers.microsoft.com but got errors:

Command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1208.10480.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}

Error:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1208.1048.0_0x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

Please help.

:)

SPeasah, Sep 10, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 10, 2019
  3. hbenthow Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, Sep 10, 2019
  4. tomseys Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I downloaded and merged the registry fix as per the instructions and I'm still not getting a listing for Windows Photo Viewer in Settings/Default Apps/Photo Viewer. When I click on this I just get Photos and Paint and Look for an app in the store offered. If I right click a photo and choose open with, there is no windows photo viewer choice. If I go into the old control panel and try to set defaults there, it does list window photo viewer, but states it has all its defaults which seems to be tiff files. In any case, I can't get it to list to
    choose it in Settings/Default Apps or on a right click.

Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10 [​IMG]

tomseys, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Restoring Photo Viewer

2. Photo Viewer app???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  3. Win 10 Photo viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Photo viewer: Win 10 Photo Viewer/Editor works ONLY when Onedrive is "turned-on". Photo V./Editor switches on the goes to a green screen w/various error msg.'s .. Why do I need Onedrive on and the "Sync" service on in order to keep Photo Viewer/Editor keep operating as "usual"; as when I...
  4. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  5. Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Photo viewer app for Windows 10: Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken, etc. I have a question though about that date thing. Why does it stop at 1969 when you go back? I have photos taken way before...
  6. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099
  8. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer: Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in...
  9. how to clean up bloated windows folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to clean up bloated windows folder: I have a windows 10 laptop with a bloated windows folder -- almost 40 gb. on my windows 10 desktop it is just 15 gb. that's reasonable. back to the problematic laptop: I ran windows disk cleanup, with system files cleanup, and it doesn't find anything big. I checked...
  10. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Usually you could use Windows Photo Viewer to view your image files in a variety of ways. You can also print, order prints, attach pictures to an e‑mail message, burn,...