Windows 10: Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW

Discus and support Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i just upgraded from Windows 7 to Win10 a week ago and everything went smooth as silk. I will said this is the first time i can remember doing an in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bsbllclown, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW

So i just upgraded from Windows 7 to Win10 a week ago and everything went smooth as silk. I will said this is the first time i can remember doing an in place upgrade, I always format and do a clean install about once a year but ive been busy so i took the lazy route.

Issue is i have my power settings set to None and my power options set to turn the monitors off after 10 minutes. I have it set to Never sleep. After the 10 minutes passes the monitors power off as expected but when i move the mouse or hit keys on my keyboard it takes at least 10-15 seconds to initiate the monitor power on. This was 1-2 seconds in Windows 7. Its pretty minor but its irritating as hell.

:)

bsbllclown, Oct 22, 2015
  2. GWRay Win User

desktop hangs when resuming from sleep

Since upgrading to Win 10 from 8.1, Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop "hangs" when resuming from sleep.

Doesn't matter if I manually initiate sleep mode or if the power plan initiates sleep mode.

When in process of resuming from sleep the Computer Fan comes on and does not go off, monitors continue to appear sleeping.

Nothing else happens, the computer continues in this state until manually powered down.

I can't find anything in event viewer that indicates the cause.

Please advise.

Thank you.

GWRay, Oct 22, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Windows 10 SOMETIMES shuts down during sleep

The computer goes into Hibernation after some time in Sleep to save power and requires a brief press of the power button to wake it. It actually is off, but saved all your work. All your screens and programs will resume as if you had just used Sleep, but
    the computer appears to be off. If a key press doesn't wake the computer, try a brief press of the power button and it will resume from Hibernation. This can be changed in Power Settings, Advanced Settings of your power scheme. Look up Hibernation in Windows
    10 for more.

mlg63, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW

Hey mate,

Some things to try (but though I include it, you don't HAVE to clean install if you don't want to):

Clean install Windows 10 for a fresh start without activation worries - Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    Install all device drivers updated from your computer manufacturer's website (not shown in your profile), and disable (yes, disable) device installation settings - Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Make sure Windows itself is updated, and (Recommended) set to automatically receive updates
    Power Options: consider using the high performance plan, and then going through and refining the selections more to your liking - Power Plan Settings - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

DustSailor, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Turn off (yes, off) fast startup - Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Check your monitor's website for any drivers for it. Most monitors today do not require specific drivers, but some are better for it.
    Optimize (defragment) your SSDs (HDDs).
    Disable up to all of your startup programs. Go to Task Manager>Startup to find them.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW

1. Resume from monitor power off (not sleep) VERY SLOW - Similar Threads - Resume monitor power

2. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  3. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  4. Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep: Windows 10, 64-bit, 21H1Laptop, with integrated Intel graphics.All drives are up to date, according to Dell support assistAfter PC idles and monitor sleeps, I use mouse or keyboard to wake the monitor up -- note PC is on, not sleepingThe monitor woke up -- the LED is on, the...
  5. very slow restore from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow restore from sleep: Windows 10 home 1903. I'm bringing this old Toshiba laptop back into use. It is a Toshiba satellite laptop with 3rd generation I7 cpu and 8 GB ram. Yet when I open the lid to awaken it from "sleep" it takes 18 seconds (!) for the login screen to appear. An even older laptop...
  6. very slow restore from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    very slow restore from sleep: Windows 10 home 1903. I'm bringing this old Toshiba laptop back into use. It is a Toshiba satellite laptop with 3rd generation I7 cpu and 8 GB ram. Yet when I open the lid to awaken it from "sleep" it takes 18 seconds (!) for the login screen to appear. An even older laptop...
  7. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.: Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look...
  8. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  9. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  10. W10 slow to resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 slow to resume from sleep: I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has...