Windows 10: Reuse the device product key in unattended install

Discus and support Reuse the device product key in unattended install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Damien Clabaut, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Reuse the device product key in unattended install

I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers).

I have created an unautoattended.xml file following this tutorial:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-unattended-media-do-automated-installation-windows-10

With one difference: my machines were shipped with valid Windows 10 Pro licenses, and I would like the unautoattend to reuse those licences. I do not want to have to re-generate the xml file with a different product key every time I reinstall Windows 10.

I tried to just not specify the Product Key in the unautoattend.xml, but the Setup fails, saying it cant read the value. It doesn't even prompt for one.

How can I do that ?

Regards

:)

Damien Clabaut, Mar 13, 2019

2. reusing my product key

If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????

JamesMills3, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Window 10 Product Key Reuse

Hi. I need to replace the hard drive of my laptop so I will have to do a clean Windows 10 installation from a fresh HDD.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I reuse my Window 10 product key?

2. Where can I see the Window 10 product key?

Also, my workstation is originally a Window 8.1 machine meaning I'am using a upgraded Window 10 version.

ArafatPokaan, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Reuse the device product key in unattended install

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Reuse the device product key in unattended install [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Reuse the device product key in unattended install [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

Thema:

Reuse the device product key in unattended install

1. Reuse the device product key in unattended install - Similar Threads - Reuse device product

2. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  3. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  4. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  6. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  7. Reusing a product key.

8. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  9. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  10. Reuse Windows product key on new installation