Windows 10: Right click menu for folders

Discus and support Right click menu for folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gado, Mar 16, 2016.

1. gado Win User

Right click menu for folders

my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program instead of the folder. i can right click and go to open below and it will open properly. How does one change the order of the right click menu. And how does one add or remove things from it in easy to follow laymans terms please lol.

:)

2. Jsssssssss, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Right click in a folder

I use to be able to right click in folders and be able to select all. Does Windows 10 not have that anymore?

WymanThigpen, Mar 16, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Well ... what program is listed at the top?

It's added itself to the right click menu, and may have an option to remove ....

RWOne, Mar 16, 2016
  5. NotSoFast Win User
    You may be able to go to the settings for your mouse, and see if you can restore the default functionality for a right click there.

NotSoFast, Mar 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Does this happen just recently or since day 1 ?

If just recently, can you remember a date when you did NOT have this issue ?
    If yes, do a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have this issue as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Shellexview (freeware) allows 1 click control of shell extensions, or you may prefer sthg like Easy Context Menu (Sordum.org).
    There are many context editors around from the more technical and comprehensive to the simpler.
    Not all give you access to all context entries you might see.

Often if you open the program whose context menu you wish to disable you will find an option to disable its context menu.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Right click menu for folders

python134r, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click menu for folders - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.: Anyone have ideas for me on how to trigger a scan from a printer/scanner from the right click context menu to the folder that is open? I've explored adding options to right click menu with registry editor, but can't figure out how to add a "Scan to this folder" option.Any...
  3. Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.: Anyone have ideas for me on how to trigger a scan from a printer/scanner from the right click context menu to the folder that is open? I've explored adding options to right click menu with registry editor, but can't figure out how to add a "Scan to this folder" option.Any...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  8. Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu: I've tried to pin multiple folders that I frequently use to the file explorer icon on the taskbar, but it will only show a max of 4 pinned items. [ATTACH]...
  9. Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu: Hello, Some info up front: 1) I did a clean install a few weeks ago. I've made minimal changes - nothing intrusive, certainly (well, see below). This morning I was changing the location of the User Folders found under This PC in Windows Explorer. I have 2 hard drives, C...
  10. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237