Windows 10: Right click on start menu problem

Discus and support Right click on start menu problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very strange problem in Win 10 Pro RTM: when I right click on the start menu and the conext menu appears like this: [img] the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pompeyon, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pompeyon Win User

Right click on start menu problem

Hi,
    I have a very strange problem in Win 10 Pro RTM:
    when I right click on the start menu and the conext menu appears like this:

Right click on start menu problem [​IMG]

the only links that works are the first four starting from the botom (desktop, shutdown, run & find), when I click on any other option in the menu nothing happens.
    It´s not a terrible problem because I can access to the same links in other ways but this menu is really usefull.

The first 2 days after upgrade from win 8.1 this menu worked OK but suddenly stop working. In the middle I installed several programas, uninstal others and update some drivers. But I don´t know when exactly start this behaiviour.

Does anyone have some idea how to solve this?

Thanks

:)

pompeyon, Jul 31, 2015

2. Can't right click on Start menu

How do you expect me to right click device driver when I can't right click?

I am so sick of this. I need right click to download images I use.

Why isn't this fixed?

JudithLane1940, Jul 31, 2015
  3. hizod Win User
    Can't right click on Start menu

When I try to right click on the Start menu button my mouse cursor simply shifts slightly to the upper right. I've tried running a SFC scan and copying AppData/Local files from another user to no avail. This issue first occurred on Windows 8.1 and persists
    after Windows 10 upgrade.

hizod, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Right click on start menu problem

I have the exact same problem.

Hopefully there is a way to fix this.

ShyGuy0504, Jul 31, 2015
  5. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  6. pompeyon Win User
    pompeyon, Aug 1, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  8. pompeyon Win User

Thanks @brummyfan
    problem persist after DISM and SFC as described in the tutorials (first DISM, then 3 times SFC and 1 more time SFC at boot, always restarting at the end of each one).
    Any other suggestion?

@ShyGuy0504
    can you give some details about your hardware?
    Mine is an ASUS laptop, K52JT
    Processor: Intel i5 M460
    Graphic card: Ati Radeon HD 6370M
    RAM: 4 GB

can you give more information about programs and drivers installed before this problem starts?
    In my case I detected the problem after installing a new version of ASUS On Screen Display but problem persists if uninstall this and go back to the old version so I assume should be other reason.

pompeyon, Aug 2, 2015
  9. My specs are:
    CPU: i5 750
    GPU: HD 7970 ghz
    RAM: 8GB

I upgraded from Windows 7 and didn't add any new programs. The only thing I did was update my GPU drivers but the problem was there before I did that. I've looked online and found that some people had the same problem with Windows 8.1. They fixed it by using a program called ShellExView to see which programs added shell extensions and uninstalling those programs. I downloaded it and uninstalled every program like that on my pc but the problem is still there.

ShyGuy0504, Aug 2, 2015
  10. pompeyon Win User
    Problem solved after uninstall Airdroid. This application cause some kind of problem with context menu.

pompeyon, Aug 11, 2015
  11. robgr Win User
    robgr, Aug 11, 2015
  12. pompeyon Win User
    I read something about Airdroid causing some kind of problem in context menu in Windows 8.1 so I decide to try uninstalling.

pompeyon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click on start menu problem - Similar Threads - Right click start

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. the right click menu problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the right click menu problem.: Hello,I notice that there is missing part of my right click menu as you can see from the picture above, can someone help me with that please?thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-click-menu-problem/8fcf77cd-8c77-41da-9c6e-16f3f1e37990
  8. the right click menu problem.

the right click menu problem.: Hello,I notice that there is missing part of my right click menu as you can see from the picture above, can someone help me with that please?thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-click-menu-problem/8fcf77cd-8c77-41da-9c6e-16f3f1e37990
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...