Windows 10: Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

Discus and support Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use the "Search the Web and Windows Box," and I search for an, let's say, World of Warcraft, and I right-click it to pull up the options, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Masterofcards, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

When I use the "Search the Web and Windows Box," and I search for an, let's say, World of Warcraft, and I right-click it to pull up the options, they always disappear in a second. I want to make a desktop icon, and I can't do that because I can't click "open file location."

:)

Masterofcards, Jul 10, 2016

2. Right-Click Options

How do we change what comes up when we right-click on a file? I am tired of having options that I do not want.

arcangel4588, Jul 10, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 10, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

By following his method, you can create a desktop shortcut of anything installed in your computer. I am siting an example using "Cortana" app here:

1. Right Click on the Start Menu, choose "RUN".

Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing [​IMG]

2. Type Shell:AppsFolder in the RUN box, Click "OK".

3. Right Click on Cortana in the 'Applications' folder and "Create Shortcut".

4. It will ask you a question .....

5. Say "Yes" and you are done!

I hope it fulfills your purpose.

5. It does fulfill my purpose, and thank you, but I still wonder why I can't just search for an app, right-click it, and use the options. That's a basic functionality.

Masterofcards, Jul 11, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    That is an unknown behavior to me, mate.

Can you do it form the start menu? Is right clicking works there?
    Start > All Apps > Right click on the desired item > More > Open File Location?

7. No, I can't. That's the problem. When I right-click on the item in the start menu, the options show up for a second before disappearing. It may not be the biggest deal now, but I might need it in the future.

Masterofcards, Jul 11, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

9. Masterofcards, Jul 12, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    OK, no problem.

For both of the commands, you need Elevated Command Prompt. To open it, right click on the start button and choose 'Command Prompt (Admin)' ..... like this ....

Now a Command prompt is open with C:\Windows\system32>
    Copy and paste SFC /scannow after that '>' and hit enter. Let it complete 100%.
    It may ask for a reboot. So please reboot your computer.
    Open another elevated command prompt once again, with C:\Windows\system32> open.
    Copy and paste Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit enter. Let it complete 100%.

Let us know the results.

11. Sorry, I couldn't get back to you, but here are the results. When I did SFC/scannow, it did the scan, and it didn't find a problem. When I did ​Dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth, it did nothing. I still have the problem.

Masterofcards, Jul 18, 2016
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, now please follow the steps as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-menu-cortana

13. Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

Again, sorry I couldn't get back to you, but I tried those steps, and I still can't click the options in the start menu. Besides, those steps were for if you couldn't open the start menu or Cortana, but that's not the issue.

Masterofcards, Jul 23, 2016
  14. Bump. Still not working.

Masterofcards, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing - Similar Threads - Right Click Options

2. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. Right-click Options list

Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  5. Right-click Options list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  6. Right click keeps popping

Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  7. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  8. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  9. Right Click not displaying options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right Click not displaying options: Since that latest update, Using a right click on an icon or file no longer displays options, such as properties, it merely displays a spinning circle for a length of time, and then dumps the display and shows the users desktop. Not very useful if one wants to investigate the...
  10. where are the right click options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are the right click options: This is what I get when I right click on a web page. Was wondering what happened to all the options? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-right-click-options/f88556e3-521e-4bef-8409-45bdbfb90063"