Windows 10: Rogue Start Menu App

Discus and support Rogue Start Menu App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, May 28, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Rogue Start Menu App

I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no avail. I've dragged it to desktop and tried deleting it there to no avail. Does anyone no how to get rid of it? I've searched online and found that this has happened before, with the 1803 feature update. I've read that a pc is useless without instructions. Something is instructing the system to place it in the start menu. Any suggestions?

Rogue Start Menu App [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, May 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 28, 2019
  4. Rogue Start Menu App

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Rogue Start Menu App

1. Rogue Start Menu App - Similar Threads - Rogue Start Menu

2. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  3. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  4. A rogue app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A rogue app: I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-rogue-app/f980c7f0-ba67-4ca2-a1cf-03734dbb5142
  5. Rogue Start screen takes over

Rogue Start screen takes over: since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to another, Start shows up and shuts them down. I've tried turning off stuff under settings, but it still makes me lose work....
  6. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  7. Rogue Start Menu App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rogue Start Menu App: I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no...
  8. Rogue Device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rogue Device: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  9. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...