Windows 10: "Run as Administrator" freezes my pc

Discus and support "Run as Administrator" freezes my pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, when i want to do something that requires "admin permission" like installing a software, opening a program or changing pc settings the "User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adnane79, Oct 25, 2017.

1. adnane79 Win User

"Run as Administrator" freezes my pc

Hello, when i want to do something that requires "admin permission" like installing a software, opening a program or changing pc settings the "User Account Control" freezes my pc.

I hear the sound of it popping up but i don't actually see UAC window, i can still move the mouse (See picture).

To keep working on my laptop i just click on the power button it goes to sleep mode and i turn it on again.

I found some crazy suggestions online that goes as disabling UAC or running a command prompt (admin) which both require to be run as administrator xd so yeah

Thanks in advance *Smile

"Run as Administrator" freezes my pc [​IMG]

:)

adnane79, Oct 25, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Oct 25, 2017
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Oct 25, 2017
  4. "Run as Administrator" freezes my pc

Maybe you have got too many policies. Anyway, you can try to remove UAC policies to reset it to default.
    Code: reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /f[/quote]
    There might a problem with your credentials or a corrupted user account. To reset credentials, you need to remove catroot2, it will be recreated in about an hour (causing high CPU usage, that is normal).

Code: net stop cryptsvc takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" /a icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" /grant:r Administrators:F /c ren "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" "catroot2.bak" net start cryptsvc[/quote] Consent.exe hangs using - WinCert

You might need to do both options in a safe mode, since you can not as admin without UAC.

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Oct 25, 2017
  5. adnane79 Win User
    There might a problem with your credentials or a corrupted user account. To reset credentials, you need to remove catroot2, it will be recreated in about an hour (causing high CPU usage, that is normal).

Code: net stop cryptsvc takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" /a icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" /grant:r Administrators:F /c ren "%WINDIR%\System32\catroot2" "catroot2.bak" net start cryptsvc[/quote] Consent.exe hangs using - WinCert

You might need to do both options in a safe mode, since you can not as admin without UAC.

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials [/quote]
    Hello thank you for your reply, I restarted my PC in safe mode and copied the codes in the command prompt, it didn't work. (see pictures below).

1st Code:

2nd Code:

adnane79, Oct 26, 2017
  6. Gordon7 Win User
    You have to log in to your PC with an account that are members of the admin group!

Use the account that was used to set up Windows the first time Windows was installed on your PC.

These commands can only be run by a user that a member of the administrators group.

Gordon7, Oct 27, 2017
  7. adnane79 Win User
    I only have one account on my pc, and that's the one i'm currently using (the one i installed windows with).

adnane79, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Run as Administrator" freezes my pc

1. "Run as Administrator" freezes my pc - Similar Threads - Run Administrator freezes

2. Run as an administrator...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  3. run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  4. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  5. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  6. Run PC as Administrator

Run PC as Administrator: Hi all, Hopefully someone can help! There is no Administrator account I believe set up on my home PC. When attempting to add a program such as Nortons, a pop up box appears which asks do I want to allow this app to make changes to your computer? To continue enter an...
  7. Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  8. screen freeze for a second when software run as administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen freeze for a second when software run as administrator.: hi guys,i reinstalled windows using usb bootable.when i was in desktop no drivers were installed .so i was installing drivers from acer website.i downloaded all drivers except nvidia,which i downloaded directly from nvidia website.before installing nvidia there is no screen...
  9. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  10. MY PC IS RUNNING WINDOWS 10 AND FREEZES RANDOMLY.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY PC IS RUNNING WINDOWS 10 AND FREEZES RANDOMLY.: MY PC IS FREEZING RANDOMLY WHEN I START PLAYING GAMES AND IF I LEAVE IT FOR SOMETIME LIKE 5 MIN. I SHOULD RESTART BY HOLDING POWER BUTTON....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as administrator freezes my pc