Windows 10: Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

Discus and support Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Run... I type in the command but when I press enter or OK button the normal Black Background screen flashes and disappears. The command does not run. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldmankiwi, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

Run... I type in the command but when I press enter or OK button the normal Black Background screen flashes and disappears. The command does not run. I have repaired Windows 10 and the problem still exists.

:)

oldmankiwi, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Feb 6, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 6, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

1. Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash - Similar Threads - Run Command Prompt

2. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt flashing for a moment: There is a command prompt flashing on my computer every once in a while. It lasts just a moment and I can't see if there is any text inside of itThe biggest problem is that it tabs me out of full screen games, and that is really annoying.I scanned my pc for viruses and such...
  3. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt flashing for a moment: There is a command prompt flashing on my computer every once in a while. It lasts just a moment and I can't see if there is any text inside of itThe biggest problem is that it tabs me out of full screen games, and that is really annoying.I scanned my pc for viruses and such...
  4. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command Prompt Flashing on system software usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Flashing on system software usage: Greetings,Every time I log in, launch event viewer, registry editor, ctrl+alt+del, a command prompt window flashes. So I turned on some auditing and found out that its the jabswitch.exe running with the enable switch apparently doing so at the request of AtBroker.exe. Never...
  6. Help with run command using the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with run command using the command prompt: Hello, I have a question regarding running a batch file using a command prompt. My batch file is in my directory. I change directory to where my batch file is located at , and run the batch file as shown in my example. But I got an error saying a run is not recognized...
  7. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  8. command prompt flashing on this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    command prompt flashing on this computer.: a few weeks ago I clicked an adobe reader update. almost immediately thereafter, command prompt flashing began on this computer and I have found no simple way to stop it. please provide a series of steps that might allow me to eliminate this problem....
  9. Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?: Is there a rule of thumb to know which of the referenced you would use when entering a particular command or file name? Mark 112722
  10. Command Prompt Window Keeps Flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Window Keeps Flashing: I have two computers of mine that keep running "system32\schtasks.exe" in a command prompt. It will appear but go away in a fraction of a second; only by capturing the frame at the right time was I able to get a screenshot of it. It launches that exe file and says "ERROR:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command promt shows flash