Windows 10: Safe mode not being minimal

Discus and support Safe mode not being minimal in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yogalD, Dec 2, 2016.

1. yogalD Win User

Safe mode not being minimal

Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle
    But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup and the wallpaper isn't black like it should be. Basically, safe mode is booting normally except in a low resolution. Does anyone know what's going on?

:)

yogalD, Dec 2, 2016
  2. John Zab Win User

Safe mode minimal

Hi,

To help address the issue regarding with restoring Windows from safe mode, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
    • What were you trying to do in safe mode?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Withayu Win User
    Safe mode minimal

None of the remedies to get out of safe mode suggested in other post or support documents, actually works: the Windows + R doesn't bring up the cmd box; pushing Shift when restarting brings up the same safe mode opening screen. Any other ideas or tricks?

Withayu, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 2, 2016
  5. yogalD Win User
    Nope, I definitely hit 4 instead of 3.

Turns out it was my keyboard, I tried a PS/2 keyboard and it worked fine but for some reason hitting 4 on my main keyboard boots into low resolution video mode or whatever. Very strange.

yogalD, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd, but I'm glad you got it sorted.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Safe mode not being minimal - Similar Threads - Safe mode being

2. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  3. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  4. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option.: I have read all posts related to "unable to log on from safe mode" and none have solved my problem. When I logged on in safe mode by running msconfig i accidentally chose "safe mode with minimal option' and was unable to log on after a restart. The log on screen comes up with...
  6. Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.

Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.: So i put my laptop on safemode minimal. It won't let me login at all with either Microsoft password or normal login. It won't connect to the internet either. I can't find the troubleshoot option as it goes straight into the enter password page. How should I proceed?...
  7. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...
  8. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?: I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I only had my Windows PIN written down and not my Microsoft password. I figured that Minimal Safe Mode without Networking...
  9. Safe mode is being dumb

Safe mode is being dumb: So i have 2 problems. 1. Whenever i try to go in safe mode it aays tge current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. 2. My pc keep freezing on startup, so like 5 seconds after i put in my pin it freezes. help me pls...
  10. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...