Windows 10: Safety after Defender removes a threat

Discus and support Safety after Defender removes a threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where I work and study outside my house the computers- some of them- have viruses that cause my flash to read everything as shortcuts. Including today... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel Wittman, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Safety after Defender removes a threat

Where I work and study outside my house the computers- some of them- have viruses that cause my flash to read everything as shortcuts. Including today this has happened to me three times and their own program, webroot is unable to discover and remove the cause. When I get back and use defender I have little issue in identifying and removing the threat but then it makes the files in the flash hidden. My main question is if it's safe to use the flash after the threat's been removed but not formatted? Are there any risks in doing so?

:)

Daniel Wittman, Mar 16, 2020

2. Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. Safety after Defender removes a threat

Defender wont remove the threats

I ran Windows Defender full scan which took over 15 hours to completed. It indicates that there are 20 threats which I want to remove. However Windows Defender gets stuck and does not remove any of them. It has been running for over 20 hours and nothing.
    What can I do to remove these threats.

Thanks

MarinaL_64, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Safety after Defender removes a threat

1. Safety after Defender removes a threat - Similar Threads - Safety Defender removes

2. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender failing to remove threats.: Hi! Recently an old computer of mine had its data transferred from its disk to this computer. What happens is that the old computer seems to have had some kind of riskware, malware installed or "potentially unwanted apps" as windows defender calls them. Windows Defender is...
  3. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  4. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  5. Can remove a threat by windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can remove a threat by windows defender: Hello,I received the following warning after I plugged in my USB Flashdrive, I click on remove the threat but it doesn't go away. Please note that I've checked my USB flash drive using an anti-virus software but it was found to be clean, also note that my flash drive doesn't...
  6. Can remove a threat by windows defender

Can remove a threat by windows defender: Hello,I received the following warning after I plugged in my USB Flashdrive, I click on remove the threat but it doesn't go away. Please note that I've checked my USB flash drive using an anti-virus software but it was found to be clean, also note that my flash drive doesn't...
  7. windows defender not removing threat

windows defender not removing threat: today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still...
  8. Threats identified by Windows Defender not removed

Threats identified by Windows Defender not removed: Hi, my OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 Build 19041.450. After performing a full scan of my SSD, Windows Defender identified a number of threats such as APP:CDisplayEx_BundleInstaller, PUA:Win32/Vtools, PUA:Win32/InstallCore, PUA:Win32/SystemChecker,...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  10. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pynamer windows defender