Windows 10: Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update

Discus and support Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the 2.7 GB Windows 10 update. After which I was required to restart the PC. On restarting I am again being asked to download the same 2.7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harshitmisra, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update

I downloaded the 2.7 GB Windows 10 update. After which I was required to restart the PC. On restarting I am again being asked to download the same 2.7 GB Windows update file. What could be the reason and how can I avoid downloading it again.*Shock

:)

harshitmisra, Aug 10, 2015

2. my downloaded updates are not saved and failure to install leads to re download windows 10

my download updates are not saved and failure to install leads to re download windows 10

Abdullahansari_890, Aug 10, 2015
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10: Administrator Permission

It’s fixed!!!

I applied "Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015 - KB3081424”

I then removed the PC from all Home Group’s on my Network

Re-booted

System prompted me to re-start OneDrive

System offered me the option to make access to OneDrive folders (Individually) permanent.

Re-booted

Changes survived a re-boot

All is well, I can now save images from the internet to my OneDrive Folder

Thank you

Regards

Ian Alexander, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update

I assume it was a live upgrade....if so,it should not ask to download the upgrade again....or did you download the ISO image, if so,it needs to be burnt to a DVD a install from there..

reddwarf4ever, Aug 10, 2015
  5. hattrik21 Win User
    I believe if you ran the option to do an in place upgrade, then the files are most likely gone once you got Windows 10 up and running. If you downloaded and created and ISO DVD or USB drive then you would have only needed to download the files once if you used that media to do the install.

I personally ran the upgrade in place and once done, used the media creation tool and downloaded the files a second time and created a DVD for clean installs, backups, etc.

hattrik21, Aug 10, 2015
  6. have a look at the hidden folder
    c:\$windows.~bt

my first upgrade failed and it left the install.esd file in this folder, which can be used to create the iso to upgrade
    unfortunately this file has now gone from the folder so cant remember exactly where it was

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Yup.....it was a live upgrade...........Thanks BTW

8. Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update

Thanks Paul, I'll try to find the same.....

9. Did you find it in the C:/windows:/Softwaredistribution folder?And what could the name of the file be?

10. no.....it was an option on screen....will check in a while for you

reddwarf4ever, Aug 10, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update

1. Save me from Re-downloading the Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Save downloading update

2. Saving downloads from emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving downloads from emails: I want to save an owner's manual from an email I am always given The Choice to save to OneDrive or to download. Which is the best choice or both as my lack of knowledge means that my existing files are largely mixed up and inaccessible in Windows 10...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Re-Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Re-Download: I claimed my free Minecraft windows 10 edition a while back and have since switched pc but when I got to the Microsoft store and go to purchased the game doesn't come up. I have also tried resetting the store using command prompt multiple times and it has never worked. I have...
  4. Windows 10 re download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re download: Is there a way of transitioning the windows 10 operating system from an existing boot drive to a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-re-download/a69d1c4f-bb0f-4062-8f57-0267e64cddc0
  5. Windows 10 Pro Re- Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Re- Download: I need to re-download my windows 10 pro. How can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-re-download/ad8c076c-df54-423c-832b-c429032fff73
  6. Re-downloading Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-downloading Minecraft Windows 10: I recently got a new pc and wanted to re-download Minecraft windows 10 on it. I had previously claimed the code from Mojang on June 14th 2019 on my old pc. When I go to the Microsoft store to install it, it says that I do not own Minecraft windows 10. Is there any way to fix...
  7. Re download windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re download windows 10 apps: Hi How do I redownload windows 10 pro apps that I purchased from the store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-download-windows-10-apps/329d8073-01f1-4d91-ac78-08cd9f5b78f8
  8. Minecraft windows 10 re-download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 re-download: I had originally obtained Minecraft windows 10 through the free promotion they were doing to owners of the original Java edition of Minecraft. Several years, and computers later and here I am now, searching for my copy of Minecraft and seeing a buy button where I expected a...
  9. Windows 10 Re-download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Re-download: The Windows 10 on my PC has recently been corrupted, and I was wondering if I need to get a windows 10 license to re-install it, since the PC already had windows 10 on it. If any more info is needed feel free to ask. Any reply is appreciated....
  10. Downloading and saving Windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading and saving Windows updates: I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck. As I have two machines, this is a double pain. Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both...