Windows 10: Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Discus and support Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenThomson11, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I wanted to grab (NOT the full desktop. This did NOT require snipping or dragging a shape or whatever. The tool works perfectly still on my Win10 desktop but stopped working on my laptop. Can anyone please help me get it back to working like it used to on my on the Win10 Laptop. I do not want to have to snip, paste, crop, etc... .just want to grab the window I have open by using a shortcut key and it automatically drops a copy into OneDrive folder.

Please help.

Thanks,

KT

***Modified title from: Win10 & OneDrive PrintScreen Function***

:)

KenThomson11, Oct 8, 2019

2. Auto-Save Screenshots?

I noticed that besides auto-saving screenshots in onedrive I have to hold the Windows key and PrtScn for it to save to a folder. Is there a way that just pressing the PrtScn button could just save it to a folder?

JakeMessing, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

Hello Arthur, and welcome to Ten Forums. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive :)

Q1) I'm not aware of way to change it to save the screenshot as a .jpg instead of .png. If you like, you could open the .png in Paint (mspaint.exe) then save it as a .jpg. Of course this is not practical if you have too many to do.

Q2) Win+Prtscn would save to OneDrive instead of This PC if you used the setting in the tutorial below to set your pictures to automatically be saved to OneDrive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 8, 2019
  4. ArthurB Win User

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

Hi, I don't see any other reply here, so please feel free to refer this to somewhere else and delete the post -- I don't mean to mess up your page.
    Anyhow, it comes out in Google search, and seems to be created close to a year ago but is still completely applicable (thanks!), so maybe I can ask another FAQ (or two). I looked for a while in the other links that came up but couldn't see any answers:
    1. Do you know of any way to have this image saved as a .jpg instead of the .png that it does? (I know I can open, e.g. Paint, paste the clipboard in there and save it; but I'm looking for having the image in Pictures/Screenshots created as .jpg automatically.
    2. Win + PrtScn seems to also create the file in that folder (without enabling the OneDrive feature -- though still in .png format), but if you want to capture just the current window, the Alt + PrtScn that works with OneDrive feature enabled doesn't work with Win + Alt + PrtScn. Any idea how to save (again, automatically) only the current window without OneDrive? (This is less important than #1 above, and perhaps less related to the OneDrive connection.)
    Thanks.

ArthurB, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

1. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Save screenshots taken

2. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  3. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  4. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  5. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  6. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?

where are screenshots taken on my windows 10 saved?: hi therewhen i take a screenshot on my windows 10 laptop, it used to be saved to a folder under 'my pictures' called screen shots. that does nor happen anymore. i have tried to follow steps described in a previous discussion on this forum of how to resolve it, but ii am...
  8. Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?

Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?: I recently made these screenshots using the keys mentioned before, but i cannot see them on my screenshots folder. I had to copy something else, so they are no longer in my clipboard. Are those screenshots deleted or are they saved somewhere else?...
  9. OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly: I had a problem because my files, recently, does not sync automatically in OneDrive. Because, i had other problems, too, i formatted my PC and re-installed everything from scratch. But this problem with autosave and sync files keeps on. I have found out that mo matter how...
  10. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.: Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else. I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel...