Windows 10: Screen black and white, but color filter is off

Discus and support Screen black and white, but color filter is off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my screen is black and white (grayscale) however the color filters are off. I had this problem happen before with the color filter. But this time is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sir Legna, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Sir Legna Win User

Screen black and white, but color filter is off

So my screen is black and white (grayscale) however the color filters are off. I had this problem happen before with the color filter. But this time is completely off. Is there another setting somewhere that does a similar thing?

:)

Sir Legna, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Jaxon Win User
    Jaxon, Jul 28, 2019
  4. jk22 Win User

Instantly my laptop is gone into black and white

Fixed. Thankyou guys! But why this option exists lol.

Thema:

1. Screen black and white, but color filter is off - Similar Threads - Screen black white

2. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  3. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  4. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No color just black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No color just black and white: I updated windows 10 and every page turned to black and white. I already tried fixing by the ease of access nope no luck. Please help TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-just-black-and-white/1bcbabcf-278d-4feb-9f07-18efc4f6cb41
  6. No color just black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No color just black and white: I updated windows 10 and every page turned to black and white. I already tried fixing by the ease of access nope no luck. Please help TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-just-black-and-white/1bcbabcf-278d-4feb-9f07-18efc4f6cb41
  7. Change from black and white screen to colors

Change from black and white screen to colors: I have vision problems while trying to get eyes in condition for surgery. I evidently changed something and my screen, even my colored photos and greeting cards, are all black and white. I have looked at color management and Theme change, but nothing I do seems to work....
  8. Screen has gone to greyscale Black & White. Color filter is OFF!

Screen has gone to greyscale Black & White. Color filter is OFF!: My screen has gone to grey-scale Black & White. Color filter is OFF and have also tried Video Card reset and have reloaded Card driver. Still no color. What should I try next to recover my color? Tested monitor and it will show color from another source as well as on boot-up....
  9. Windows 10 stuck in black and white mode. Color Filters off no change.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in black and white mode. Color Filters off no change.: Cat spilled coffee on the keyboard this morning causing all sorts of chaos. When trying to see if the keyboard would work, it didn't, my screen went black and white. I've checked color filters and it is not working. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/ProductOfLife...
  10. Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, Windows 10 now includes color filters at the system level, including filters designed to make it easier...