Windows 10: SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

Discus and support SD Card not recognised in Surface Book in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have inserted a micro SD card into my surface book using an adaptor but my surface book is not recognising it. When i go into device manager, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaychelDavis, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

I have inserted a micro SD card into my surface book using an adaptor but my surface book is not recognising it.

When i go into device manager, and click on show hidden devices, i can see a generic SD card device under disk drives, but i can't get it to work.

I have tried to update drivers, run a trouble shooter and searched for lots of answers but i can't seem to get anything to work.

Can someone please help?

I am using Windows 10

:)

RaychelDavis, Jun 30, 2019

2. New Surface Book 2 Won't Read from SD Card

Ok, this is for a surface book, but the steps should apply here as well:

Make sure your card is inserted properly,

Open Device Manager and look for non recognized device in Other devices.

Right click and use option "Update Driver Software..."

Go to Browse my computer

Go to Let me pick from a list

From the list, click on SD host adapters

Choose the last one: USB Mass Storage Device. Please do not choose any Related USB Card Reader devices.

Credit:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Give this a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 30, 2019
  4. SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

SD Card issues

OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only" error. I know to go to the security settings, the problem is I don't have that tab on the card. I have it on the main drive, just not for the SD. I can't got to NTFS, because this SD is going into an Android tablet... Suggestions? And sorry in advance if this has been answered - my Google Fu is weak today...

cwaterhouse, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

1. SD Card not recognised in Surface Book - Similar Threads - Card recognised Surface

2. SD not recognising

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD not recognising: Hi guys, Partial novice when it comes to computer so bare with me please. I bought a SanDisc SD card with an adapter a few days ago, It arrived and when i tested it it seemed to work fine. However, this morning I have formatted it and then it now isnt recognised....
  3. SD card not recognised... Solution

SD card not recognised... Solution: Hi to everyone having problems with an sd card not being recognised in windows 10 on a surface device. I tried all the other suggestions and none worked, until I formatted the disc. Works a treat now. Long press windows button bottom left, computer management, Disc...
  4. SD card not recognised

SD card not recognised: There was a similar thread a couple of years ago but this is now locked and I'm still looking for a solution. I'm using an SD card in a Lenovo MIIX 320 to extend storage. 9 times out of 10 the card is unrecognised. Disabling the Storage Controller and then re-enabling it...
  5. sd card not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sd card not recognised: have a new asus laptop with windows 10 its not recognising that i insert any sd card. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-recognised/552b5094-5f9a-4e6a-8489-85088a376087
  6. Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Micro SD Card Not Recognised: Hi I got a new micro SD card size 512 GB, and put it in my mobile and was transferring files and all was well till all of a sudden Es File Explorer crashed, after that my phone never recognised there was an SD card inserted. I removed it but wasn't able to unmount it, then I...
  7. SD card not recognised in Windows 10 pc

SD card not recognised in Windows 10 pc: please help...my sd card not recognised in my wndows 10 pc...ive tried checking it in a external sd card holder...but nothing happens.the sd card is eadable in other windows 10 pc.....
  8. Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903

Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903: I upgraded my Windows 10 pro system to 1903 version. My SD card can not be detected after the upgrade. So I checked on the device management and guess what? The USB reader driver disappeared!!!!! What a surprise!!!!! So I went to your community searching for answers and...
  9. SD Card not recognised.

SD Card not recognised.: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop?...
  10. New Surface Book 2 will not format SanDisk Ultra 400 GB SD card

New Surface Book 2 will not format SanDisk Ultra 400 GB SD card: I bought a Surface Book 2 (new) and received it last Friday. I set it up and it has all the current software and firmware. I have a 400 GB SD card on which are several movies and videos. It worked fine on my old Surface Pro 4. The SB2 does not have an SD card reader - I...