Windows 10: Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

Discus and support Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working in Cortana to solve the problem; The search field was working find and all of a sudden, when a search I get a big grey box and it will not work. I've already looked for resolutions and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CloverMouseX420, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

The search field was working find and all of a sudden, when a search I get a big grey box and it will not work. I've already looked for resolutions and nothing is working. This is a major issue for me, I have a lot of files as I'm a writer with hundreds of articles I often need to access. I'm getting extremely annoyed with Microsoft as I've ended up purchasing a new laptop every year for one issue or another - this one is only 9 months old. It appears this is a common problem. This is a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I don't have hours and hours of time to fix this as I have work deadlines.

:)

CloverMouseX420, Feb 6, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

1. Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working - Similar Threads - Search Broken None

2. Microsoft Store Hopelessly Broken. None of the solutions work!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Hopelessly Broken. None of the solutions work!!: After several days of trying multiple "fixes" suggested here, I have *yet another* installation of W10 that is no longer usable due to a broken Microsoft Store. Some of the store apps still work but other important apps can no longer update or some are totally broken or...
  3. Microsoft Store Hopelessly Broken. None of the solutions work!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Hopelessly Broken. None of the solutions work!!: After several days of trying multiple "fixes" suggested here, I have *yet another* installation of W10 that is no longer usable due to a broken Microsoft Store. Some of the store apps still work but other important apps can no longer update or some are totally broken or...
  4. Microsoft Store Hopelessly Broken. None of the solutions work!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings not opening, I've searched everywhere for a fix for it but none of them are working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings not opening, I've searched everywhere for a fix for it but none of them are working: I am amazed about the fact that I bought this new pc two days ago, yet the settings are already not opening, this is especially annoying for 50% of what I do on this pc, if anyone can give an answer to fix this problem properly, I'd me the most thankful. submitted by...
  6. Search is broken

in Cortana
    Search is broken: My search no longer works making it difficult to open programs I don't have pinned. Before you link me to generic stuff, here's what I've tried already. Restarting Cortana and the windows search services, and rebooting Running the ResetWindowsSearchBox.psq script and...
  7. Search is Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search is Broken: Windows Explorer's search function fails to find files, and the search bar is locked and frozen. The search bar refuses to take any text. I have had this problem on and off now for at least six months. I see someone else had the same problem but that thread is locked for new...
  8. Search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search broken?: Some strangeness going on with my PC. I was having a problem with our HP printer, and kept getting an 'error state'. I could not remedy the problem, so I restored the system back to an earlier point yesterday. Now, I have noticed when in the Windows Settings, typing...
  9. Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help: I have recently upgraded to Insider Builds of Windows 10, but after many errors I encountered with it I decided to roll back. I had an option to restore to the previous version of Windows in the settings app, and so I have done so. This rolled me back to pre-Insider normal...
  10. Fix broken Search shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix broken Search shortcuts: I have reinstalled my audio drivers and whenever I type "Dell Audio" on the Start menu, it pops up but doesn't work whenever I click it. (1st picture) [img] The shortcut under the Start menu folders works, though. (2nd picture) [img] 87093