Windows 10: Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by derekimo, Mar 16, 2016.

1. derekimo Win User

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

This tutorial appears to no longer work starting with at least Windows 10 build 18985.

You can type what you're looking for in the search box (Win+S) on the taskbar. You'll get suggestions and answers to your questions, and search results from your PC (My stuff) and the Internet (Web).

If you turn on search online and include web results, search will use your previous Bing searches, and locations (if available) to improve search suggestions and provide web results. After you type a search term, you can click/tap on My stuff to find results for files, apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and OneDrive, or click/tap on Web to find results on the internet.

If you turn off search online and include web results, search will not provide web results, or use my location or online search history. After you type a search term, you can click/tap on Search my stuff to find results for files, apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and OneDrive.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated Search and Cortana.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off search online and include web results for only your account when you do a search on the taskbar in Windows 10.

*Warning *Warning Bing "web" search results in Windows 10 is not available in all regions. It is available in at least the United States region. *Warning *Warning

EXAMPLE: "Search online and include web results" On and Off

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

AllowSearchToUseLocation DWORD
    BingSearchEnabled DWORD

(delete) = On
    0 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Search online and include web results
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Search_web_results.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Search online and include web results
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Search_web_results.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

derekimo, Mar 16, 2016

2. Cannot disable web search in search settings.

So I tried turning off the setting "Search online and include web results" but it will automatically switch on.

How can I turn it off permanently?

NishitKhanna, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Why is Bing forced upon me when I try to search on the web using the search bar? And why does the search bar use Edge instead of my default browser?

Hi,

Which is your default browser?

The Search online and include web results setting is turned on by default. To help you find the content you want more quickly, Search automatically suggests search terms as you type. These suggestions are provided by Bing, and can come from
    apps, settings, or files on your device, as well as from OneDrive and the Internet. When the Search online and include web results
    setting is on, Windows sends what you type or say to the Bing service, which interprets it in real-time to provide auto-suggestions.

To turn the Search online and include web results setting off, go to
    Search > Settings, and then, under Search, turn the
    Search online and include web results setting off.

To clear previously typed Bing search terms, go to Bing.com
    > Settings > History, and then select Clear All.

For more information refer the link below.

Cortana, Search, and privacy: FAQ

Search:

Cortana and privacy – Microsoft privacy

In future, if you have any issues related to Search, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. Is Cortana turned on when this happens?

If so, does it return if Cortana is turned off?

Brink, Mar 16, 2016
  5. derekimo Win User
    Yeah it was on, turning off Cortana does bring it back though, didn't think of that one. *Redface

Thanks Shawn.

derekimo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Search

2. How to turn off "Search the Web" results in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off "Search the Web" results in Windows 11: When you run searches on Windows 11 from the operating system's Start Menu, you will get local results as well as web-based results powered by Bing by default. Microsoft introduced web search functionality in Windows 10 and has kept the feature in Windows 11. Many Windows 11...
  3. Turn off "See web results" in Search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "See web results" in Search bar: How can I turn off "See web results" in Search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-see-web-results-in-search-bar/32485dd4-5e6d-4f7d-8b1d-81845fb9c973
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  6. Turn off web results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off web results: How do I turn off web results in the search from the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-web-results/f81b8b84-ba3b-4c35-b8f2-abfdc7440491
  7. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  8. Include web searches? No it doesn't!

in Cortana
    Include web searches? No it doesn't!: If you click Windows + S on Windows 10, it will open the search tab on the task bar. It says it will include app, file, settings, and web. But on my computer, it won't search it on the web. And Also, I don't know but sometimes i CAN use web searches, and that time...
  9. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  10. Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana): Hi, ever since I installed the windows anniversary update I haven't been able to disable the "Search online and include web results" in Cortana settings. When I turn it off the next time I check the setting its just turned itself back on again... Having this setting enabled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search online and include web results

2. search online and include

3. search online and include web results windows 10

4. search online and include web results to off,
  5. turn off search online and include web results,
  6. search online & include,
  7. how to include web search in windows search windows 10,
  8. search online and include web,
  9. search online and include results off,
  10. windows 10 include web results,
  11. search online and include web results off,